Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX and STi guys... hoodscoop to IC surround?

hey guys, i was just wondering if there was a rubber surround or something to appropriately guide incoming air from the hoodscoop to the intercooler. i bought an STi hoodscoop for my buggy, and im thinking if there is a surround, i might be able to make use of one to help the airflow to my conquest intercooler.

Little off topic here..

how are you going to mount the scoop on your car?.. its like 5 inches wider than the hump on the hood.

Are you planning to widen the hump? (a la Utimate RX)

Or are you going to cut the scoop down to fit.

well, i havent quite nailed that down yet... :-\ ive been thinking i could cut the risers farther back on the hood where i plan to mount it, and flatten the hump to the level of the rest of it. i could also put something under where the scoop overhangs to smooth it out, ie: bondo, fiberglass, sheetmetal, or a combination of those.

The blue RX is my creation, I cut pieces off another hood and grafted them onto the stock hood to make it wide where it needed to be, then flaired them forward to match the original hood. You should be able to order the rubber dam from Subaru, get the one that matches your scoop.

The blue RX is my creation, I cut pieces off another hood and grafted them onto the stock hood to make it wide where it needed to be, then flaired them forward to match the original hood.
off of a wrx hood?