Ultimate Subaru Message Board

love my 4X4.... .

Here's my submission to MasterCard for a new commercial.

Old BRAT w/original axles... 500.00

Rebuild axle from Kragens 78 bucks.

Knowing that I have a Subaru that's built like a tank....... priceless.

So I am driving my BRAT the other day and my roommate just did a clutch adjustment. This is the first time I have driven it since the adjustment and I felt like it was engaging strongly. So I floor the accelerator and I get this metal crunching noise and then I hear something grenade and bits of metal falling off of the car.

Now I am getting no power so I am thinking I grenaded my tranny. Manage to get the car into the middle lane and pull the 4wd lever and I power again.

Pull over and see that I blew the Driver side DOJ joint. I shrug and continue on as planned. :brow: drove another 20 miles like that.

W/O 4wd would have been stuck and fuming.:banana:

bw

YEAH go Brats!!!! My '78 has a blown driver side axle and so I'm in 4wd. Since I lowered it, its a bit light in the butt so it'll light them up posi almost all the time. Its great especially when I grab the e-brake and do as I call "Fatty Bratty Burnies":D

this is what subi had in mind when they bilt there first rig

my brat has gotten me to work through the snow, ice, floods, mud puddles, and it tows out all the people in trouble on the way in with no problem. i abuse my 79 brat and it just keeps going (like a postal worker with an automatic)

YEAH go Brats!!!! My '78 has a blown driver side axle and so I'm in 4wd. Since I lowered it, its a bit light in the butt so it'll light them up posi almost all the time. Its great especially when I grab the e-brake and do as I call "Fatty Bratty Burnies"

Hehehe.... i should do that...

:):burnout:

:):burnout:

Anyone have a set of broken axles at the CV boot?

bw