Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Idea for a Subie Support Network

I was thinking of trying to start a kind of AAA for Subie owners. It would contain people who like helping other people. Say if a Sube owner ran outta gas, another would bring them some gas for little or no charge. Just cost of gas milage and the gas itself. OR maybe someone like me who got sand in their fuel filters and spent 2.5 hours going from FLorence OR to Eugene OR (about 60 miles), could call one of the people from the network and they'd hook them up with another filter.

I thought, if the network was big enough we could have response areas or even shifts. EH just an Idea. Any suggestions/comments? Spread it on.

THanks for your time HTi-Johnson

Sounds like a neat idea; count me in :)

You could have the list protected and available to ONLY Donor Members. That way creepy lurkers would have to be donating creepy lurkers. Honestly im not that worried about that. If ppl wanted to come get me its not that hard to figure out who I am, where I live and how to find me... and the same for YOU

DUN DUN DUUHHHHHNNNNnnnn..... =P

Everyone who is interested.. please be a USMB donor and email me with your phone number (area number included), your city/state. and times to contact you(maybe a mileage rate,if any) I hope this will stay non-profit. Let's see if we can get things moving.

You aren't one of the creepy ones are you :lol:

Honestly, when someone is going on a trip or something, its common to see them post a topic about it. The people on the way or in the area being visited will generally step up and provide contact info.

Additionally, as was said before. quite a lot of the long time members know each other through meets and other functions. I have met people on the board from 4-5 different states.. and have a collection of phone numbers to match it. Just from trips I have taken and personal interaction.

Not saying you don't have a good idea going, but as a group, we have been doing this a long time and we tend to take care of each other already.

if i had any money at all, i would give a donation, but i am a poor tech school student. any money i get in the next couple of weeks will be going to getting a brat to commute in. most likely will get better milage than my impreza. but if anyone is on the central maryland area and needs a hand or a ride ect.... let me know. just pm me and ill hook you up with a number. my phone is on 24/7

All right....I just relized that we put all of our money to our subes or sube related expenses. I donated, which I think is right, this board has saved me a lot of time and money. SO mayb we can work something out that doesn't require donating?

Oh yeah, my email is crowbar_therapy@msn.com everyone who is interested email me please. THanks.