Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

A new path to more flex?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SOOBME_*

Guest_SOOBME_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 01:22 PM

OK, from what Iv'e been told, the front stubs out of the trans are the same as the rear dif stubs. And the front outers are a CV, not a DOJ ( the inners are the DOJ in the front, right?) Soooo..... If U used the CV from the rear, and the CV from the front with a shaft that has a slip joint in it, U could have a higher degree of angel on the axle with out blowing the CV's. It's the DOJ that can't take the angel. And then just use 2 CV's in the back with a slip joint shaft. I'm not sure how much the shafts would cost to have made, or if somone here knows how to make them. But this would make for a little better flex on the trail.

#2 Guest_SOOBME_*

Guest_SOOBME_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 04:55 PM

Any thoughts or input?8o

#3 Guest_GlCraigGT_*

Guest_GlCraigGT_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:01 PM

The rears are a pair of DOJs

#4 Guest_SOOBME_*

Guest_SOOBME_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:08 PM

Well....... I have 2 shafts that are 1 CV and 1 DOJ, I dont think that they are OEM.
And the CV's on them can flex A LOT more than the DOJ's. But who knows, I might have some off-brand re-build with the wrong joints on them too.8o

#5 Guest_SOOBME_*

Guest_SOOBME_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2003 - 02:22 PM

Do I have the wrong shafts/joints or what?

#6 Guest_Chairotsu_*

Guest_Chairotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:25 PM

Datsun 240/280Z cars have slip joint axles. Maybe try infusing the 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users