Ultimate Subaru Message Board

well i got the guy to get to my work in time to buy my 86GL wagon, got $1,000 cash for it, and turned around and handed $800 of that to my boss for my new car.

1994 Legacy Ti wagon

5sp

AWD

it needed RF air strut

driver taillight

interior/exterior cleaning EXTREMELY BAD

now i have all that fixed, im going to cut the stock shifter down about 1 inch plus a different shift knob that is shorter, also im putting on a WRX muffler tomarrow.

but so car going from 90hp to 130 is just amazing. this car rides smooth, is nice and quiet, gets great gas milage etc etc.

i just cant get over the improvements that subaru did fromt he loyale bodystyle to the Legacy.

anyways soon it will have a stereo and tinted windows for the trip to arizona.

also ill snag some pictures once my mom finds my camera.

Later,

Shean

Guest Vickaroo

Congrats on your new car!!!!! New cars are nice huh???? Cant wait to see your pics and the improvements you make!!!! Keep it safe!!! Vicky

Congratulations!!

Yes I have been driving lot of mid 80s Subaru's and I concur with you on the quality of the 1st generation 90-94 Legacies. I did the same and went from a 86 to a 91 Legacy LS.

The power difference is incredible, gas mileage suffers a bit, but well worth having a much nicer riding, driving vehicle.

Good luck with your new Subaru!! :banana:

ya been crusing around all yesterday and today, after work that is, and its a great car, plenty of power compared to the EA82's, even my EA82T

anyways i got my WRX muffler on it today, took me about 1 hour at work, it gives it a deeper and more throaty sound, i love the sound and reccomend doing to to any car with the 2.2, its not hard, i am using clamps now but will get it welded up all proper this next week.

it seemes to breath a tad better at upper RPM like on the freeway, but i am going to get a 2inch pipe with a cat put in from the stock Y-pipe and back to the 2inch piping on the WRX muffler so it will flow a tad better.

and it sounds sweet so far, its not loud enough that its anoying and i can hear my stock stereo over it with no problem.

Shean

• 3 weeks later...

what did you have to do to get the wrx muffler to fit? was it bolt on? did you need to get it welded? Was it long enough to meet the midpipe? Just how short are the tips when looking at the car compared to stock? I did some measurements and t looked like the wrx muffler is about an inch shorter or so. Do all the hangers line up, or id you have to change them?