Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT, Vortex roll call

Just wondering how many XT/Vortex owners there are here.

I've just purchased an '86 XT Turbo and I absolutely love it:D

I love the grumbly sound and feel of that boxer engine and the arcade style dash board. What more can I say about the stick shift....I love it I love this car because it is so different to everything thing else on the road....well, except for the other XT/Vortex in town:D

88 XT GL here. I'm actually setting a goal for myself as to just how much I can restore the car with eBay stuff :lol:

Currently it has eBay timing belts and front oil seals, an eBay MAF sensor, an eBay alternator, I expect to win a set of eBay plug wires in a day or so, and who knows what else? :)

I just put a set of alloys on it last week, and will edit this post later today when I get pics of it...

88 XT GL here. I'm actually setting a goal for myself as to just how much I can restore the car with eBay stuff :lol:

Currently it has eBay timing belts and front oil seals, an eBay MAF sensor, an eBay alternator, I expect to win a set of eBay plug wires in a day or so, and who knows what else? :)

I just put a set of alloys on it last week, and will edit this post later today when I get pics of it...

eBay is great man, I bought my CAR on it :)

The other day I saw an XT6 clutch disc for like 12 bucks! The price on subaruparts.com is like $60! I also got an almost new XT6 radiator a few months ago for under $100 bucks. I make it a point to check for parts every few days...

Yo, got 2 here, but will be down to just one soon.

Found it through a link in the marketplace, flew to Seattle, replaced the head gaskets, drove it home 1700 miles woohoo. Body is near perfect, something you'll never find in MN.

XT EA82T 5MT 4WD pushbutton with working R12 AC. Best deal ever for $500 :banana:

post-40-136027594561_thumb.jpg

"1986 XT Turbo 2wd here. Soon to have an EJ22 in the engine bay thanks to a blown headgasket"

Is that a Legacy/Liberty engine? Turbo?

If not, does anyone know if a 90's model 2L Legacy turbo engine would work ok in an XT? Anyone done it?

• 1 year later...