Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Went wheelin' Thursday night...
Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:52 AM
Pics are here
Brandon: 1) Putting the hatch on its side thanks to stump and a rut the tire slid into. Actually a really funny moment. All I here is "Mayday, Mayday" on my 2 way and look back to his KC's being in a vertical line. Me and my cousin hop out to push him over and were good to go. No real damage 'cept for the popout window was popped out and shattered, also a dent in the door. Good thing I have spare cars!
2) Gettin stuck on the way out in a gnarly bog (think 44" tire rut) the back pass side tire lost pressure (bad seal on the bead) and prevented his 3 wheel drive. The driver side axle was out due to lazyness in not putting it in. Made it out with my help and to the gas station were we did a nascar style stop with 3 buddies as the jack picking up the back of the hatch.
Me: 1) No lift
2) No travel due to no lift
3) Open air cleaner (think hot-rod style open element) I cut mine for street performance.
4) Pushing Brandon out backwards from the gnarly bog then driving through it again.
5) Bent to $#^@ diff hanger causing even more binding (preventing me from turning sharp. Fix that with a railroad tie prybar.
Sorry no pics of the actual wheelin, only the aftermath. Good thing as I probably would have gotten the camera covered in mud much like my clothes thanks to Swamper brand Gumbo Showers
See ya in the mud,
Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:38 PM
Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:52 PM
Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:07 PM
Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:05 PM
I do have more parts for the Hatch (doors), just need to come get the stuff. I think thoses tires have been on 3 or 4 Soobs now. They are outlasting the cars
Yeah, I should have said "started out as mine". lol
Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:47 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users