Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

05 Legacy GT vs. Outback LTD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

Any preference in handling etc. 05 Legacy GT wagon vs 05 Outback LTD?

#2 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:48 AM

Any preference in handling etc. 05 Legacy GT wagon vs 05 Outback LTD?

Do a search, this topic was just discussed. Yes the GT is a much better handling and safer car. Brakes quicker, rides better, handles better. If you're out for safety this is the way to go if you're the 2% that needs that 2 inches of ground clearance then the OB is the way to go.

#3 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

I saw that post. I currently own a Legacy 2000GT wagon and was wondering if I could compare that to the 05 Outback LTD. You can only get the Limited Slip Differential (as on the 2000GT) when you go to the 05 Legacy GT Turbo (I hate the hood scoop) so is the updated suspension etc. of the 05 Outback LTD at least comparable to the 00GT which had the 45/55 split?

#4 wrxsubaru

wrxsubaru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Seattle Washington US

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

I think they would be comparable, they probley weigh around the same amount, and with the new hub and a more caster the Outback should be comparable althought its probley 3inches further up. Unless the tires are pretty bad on the outback.

#5 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the input. I just picked up the 05 OB LTD solid color champagne gold... she's a dandy! I will admit the steering feels a little stiffer though. The good news is that the GT becomes my car (early retirement for the 90 Loyale with 153,000 miles - see the marketplace for afterlife if interested) and the missus gets the new OB. See yas on the road.

#6 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

As an owner of an 03 GT for the same limited slip and side airbag reasons and having driven a 05 GT the handling is very much similar. Personally I like the way the 03 feels a little more as the rear doesn't seem quite as twitchy (my guess is the 05 has a little more front end bias weight to her). As for the hoodscoop so long as you get the Outback turbo it'll have a scoop as well. At least the scoop is now functional unlike the earlier GTs and outback sports. :burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users