Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Secret "pimp" project revealed! *PICS*

Finally.....its done...mostly. Some small details to work on and it will be perfect.

DSCF2345.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2349.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2352.jpg

As you can see, the rear doors wont open and I had to peel the turbo specific trim off the door....I hope to trim is someday and have that peice back on and the doors opening. Also, the rear kit you have to mutulate to make it right....subaurstyles i tihnk might have done a better job than I.

Also....subaru styles...how did you over come the rear door opening issue?

I think its AWESOME looking now!

Lets here it!

Look great, is that a Porsche 914 skirt piece?? Can you notch that rear piece, and built up the open areas that causes, then attached the notched piece to the door so it look the same? Too bad you are so far away, we could do that in a weekend, then get it prepped and painted the next.

Looks Great. Your problem is however, the side skirts are on backwards. The larger more aggressive up angle goes towards the front. Then you should be able to open the back doors.

If you look at SS's post here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16652

You'll get an idea from that. And, I double checked this against my RX, the sideskirts are not the same front to back.

so if you go and get a RX body kit and put it on a wagon, it is tht right langth and everything? or is there some moding involved?

i think that looks awesome... wouldnt mind being a copy cat for that one.

i just got a new gl, this one is for the street...

thanks

-=suberdave=-

Yeah I thought it was on funny....but i was not sure, cuz it was dark and I had no RX with the side skirts on it to check...and i was too lazy to come inside.

Funny thing is that it fits better back wards than the correct way....maybe that is because they sat in a HOT car for most of the day friday and they kinda of warped a little....they will be taken off and put back on correctly some time soon tho...i want my back doors back! And I want to fix tat trim peice and see if it fits with the skirts on....

The side skirts are really a direct fit...the air dam is tricky. Gotta drill holes in the fenders...and they are really ahrd to match up right....took some waller'in out of holes and re drilling a could of times to get bot sides correct...plus somr trimming behind the air dam on the air dam peice its self to get it to stay put and look right....there is really only 2 small 10mm nuts holding it on right now....

The back ofcourse needed to be trimmed. Otherwise, those two peices were the easyest of them all. The air dam took the longest. The Side Skirts are aggrivating when you dont have anyone to hold up the otherend when test fitting.

Lowering: I used stock 2wd struts on the front...used a common 5.5 inch ID spring that was 450 lb rate, and 8 inches tall...used a portabland to trim it down to 6 inches tall. The rear has what was 10 inch tall 2.5 inch ID springs, 450 lb as well, cut down to 7 inches riding on stock XT 2wd rear struts.

Before that I has 250 and 300 rear, 8 in tall front and 10 rear...the front was about 1 inch taller, and the rear awas about 1.5 or 2 inches. I also was using RX struts on the rear with those.

did you do all the work yourself? did you know what you were doing before you started?

Yes i did all the work myself. Did i know what I was doing? Nope, not a clue. LOL I did some guess work, but mostly I knew what needed to be done to fit the kit on there.