Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber question: DGEV vs. DGAV

I recently switched my 87 EA82 over from a DGEV to a DFEV... both electric choke, both 32/36, but yes the DFEV is smaller slightly... mileage is a bit better though and I really dont feel a speed difference (still feels as fast)

I asked the support people where I bought it and they said it uses 135 jets as opposed to the 140's in the DGEV.

The mirror image made it VERY simple to rig up to an EA82 with power steering... all I did was have the little throttle cable thingie welded onto the part of the carb that bolts on and rotates, bolted it on and hooked up the cable... I dunno if I get full WOT, but its good enough.

You have (I think) a 1 barrel Carter/Weber. The Hitachi only came as a 2 barrel. In order to fit the DGV or the DFV you will need the intake manifold from a Subaru that came with the Hitachi. No one makes an adaptor (including Cameron) for the manifold you have, so if you want a Weber, it has to go.

GD

I know without a doubt it won't work. The C/W looks nothing like that. It's got a really ugly mounting surface - irregular shaped for one - coolant passages heating the carb base and all that goop.... Take a look at any diagram. Not to mention it's rare, and a perfectly good, plentiful manifold already exists that has an adaptor made by redline - the Hitachi. If anyone wants one, I've got like 4 or 5 extra..... The C/W will always be the redheaded stepchild of the EA81 carb world - living alone in junk yards, sheds, and dead soobs.

GD

I know without a doubt it won't work. The C/W looks nothing like that. It's got a really ugly mounting surface - irregular shaped for one - coolant passages heating the carb base and all that goop.... Take a look at any diagram. Not to mention it's rare, and a perfectly good, plentiful manifold already exists that has an adaptor made by redline - the Hitachi. If anyone wants one, I've got like 4 or 5 extra..... The C/W will always be the redheaded stepchild of the EA81 carb world - living alone in junk yards, sheds, and dead soobs.

GD

Ok, Now thats more like GD. Thoughs one word anwsers you gave me , Just isn't you.:lol: