Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Justy will NOT move????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lindseyup67

lindseyup67

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • marquette

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

I have a 1988 Justy.It ran fine until one day it just seemed to let loose....like it went out of gear. I was able to push it out of the way, where is has been sitting. Now it will not move at all..even in neutral, and makes a grinding noise on the front drivers side when it is put into gear. This of course is making it impossible to get it towed anywhere cheaply. What could be the cause of this??It is an excellent runner, and I would love to have this fixed! Thanks in advance, Lindsey

#2 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,905 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:21 PM

well it could be a couple things. The driver side axle could have popped and caught on a suspension piece making it so it will not roll, move, whatever, even when pushed. The other thing I would check is the clutch. It could have worn down to the point where it will not move under its own power. Seeing you say it will not move at all is leading me to believe that you blew an axle and it caught on something underneath thus making it impossible to move

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

Could just be that the axle stripped it's splines on the CV joint. Check to see if the axles are spinning with it in gear (raise the car off the ground first, so it can't possibly drive anywhere accidentaly). I've never done an axle replacement on a Justy, but from doing other transversely mounted FWD cars, and lots of normal Subaru's, it's probably not real hard.

GD

#4 lindseyup67

lindseyup67

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • marquette

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

Could just be that the axle stripped it's splines on the CV joint. Check to see if the axles are spinning with it in gear (raise the car off the ground first, so it can't possibly drive anywhere accidentaly). I've never done an axle replacement on a Justy, but from doing other transversely mounted FWD cars, and lots of normal Subaru's, it's probably not real hard.

GD

What does it mean if the axels ARE turning??Sorry to sound stupid, but I am a woman!! LOL

#5 Nug

Nug

Lurker/off-topic poster

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • West Point

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:32 AM

Maybe it popped an outer cv joint. The axles will turn, but it still won't move.

More importantly, why do women think their questions are stupid???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users