Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS6 Pre-Campout in Bend Oregon. Friday August 27th.

Well. Looks like a HUGE convoy of Subarus will be traveling into Bend on friday night before the show. That's probably where we'll call it a night. With that in mind, we need to figure out where all these Subaru's are going to park and sleep for the night.

What does the Motel situation look like in Bend? Or would we rather campout? I'll have a tent and rations traveling with me, and with my budget it might be the only way to go.

-Brian

so are all you guys staying friday night in bend? i though that most everyone was going to stay friday in hood river. anyway please feel free to contact me about motels/camping in bend. i have a large carpeted bonus room if people want to crash. gould prob. have like 15 people stay in there.

Well I guess it is just me or something, but I have driven from the Puget Sound area (Bellevue and Sammamish) to and through the Sacarmento area many time in one day. My last trip down that way I stopped in Portland and picked up a friend, we left his house about 10 AM, we got to Lodi in time for dinner around 8 PM (the sun was still up). But you guys are going to be making a few stops along the way (we stopped once for food and gas). It isn't that far from Klamath Fall to Bend, a couple of hours at the most. So if everything goes well, you guys should be able to make it to Hood River in one day.

One of the benefits of a campout in Bend might be that it would give all the different convoys to meet up and get a little organized for a mass haul up into hood river. Bend to Hood River would be a nice mellow cruise for everyone to enjoy. Yea people can get up to Hood River by themselves, or in smaller convoys, but it would just be cool to get a whole bunch of people cruising together....

just my 2 cents....

by the way, i will be in bend meeting whoever else wants to meet there.

No doubt, I was thinking that just a straight shot into Hood would be the way to go, but that would mean leaving behind a few people in my crew. I think we all should just bed down in Bend for the eveing, have some barby, get organized, then mass convoy into Hood the next morning. People might think something is going on if they see one or two little packs of rigs going through, but if they see just one long massive line a mile long rolling into town, they will have no doubt that sumpin is going down.

I guess we'll just play it by ear then. I dont really feel like doing the trip in one day. Ive never been to Bend, and i think i'll hang out there for the night. It'll give me a chance to converse alittle before the show. Then bright and early SAturday i'll roll out with anyone else who's left, and make it a spectacular entrance to the show :)

-Brian

Prolly best for you guys to meet us in Bend andrew. not sure of a ETA, wasn't planning on rolling through bend.

Hood River might be 3 hours from Bend, but the convoy would be rolling in late at night. If we were to stay in bend, that means we'd get to roll through the convoy in the morning in broad daylight.

Im planning on camping in Bend. So andrew, i should be somewhere in bend by like 8pm Friday night. Hopefully hangin with the rest of the subaru crew.

-Brian

When do the festivities kick off at the show? If we left bend at 8am on Sat, then we should be in by 11am, and have all of sat and sun to hang out. Just my thoughts. It would be a nice time to hang out and get to know a bunch of the group before the show on friday night in bend.

Ken

8?! Ha. I don't have any doubts that I'll prolly be up and about before 5 on Saturday. This means that theoretically I can be ready to head out by 6, which puts us in Hood around 9ish. Me likey that idea better. But it would prolly take me a little while to get everyone roused, so I guess we'll leave at 8.

Have we gotten any leads on a camping area. We need something that can handle to the tune of anywhere from 15-30 vehicles, depending on how many crews plan on heading through there. If the Eugene guys are heading that way, then I can definatly see a need for 30+ spots for vehicles.

Mmm kay, I thinks that I gots something here, it's just outside of Bend, and plenty of room. I plan on reserving a group site for the Rogues for the weekend, but there are plenty of other single sites there. It's the TUMALO STATE PARK, Looks pretty good if you ask me, if you go to the Oregon Parks department website you can read up on it. I think that I can accept other vehicles into the Rogues site, but that depends on how many vehicles I actually get to come.