Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 2.5 GT Wgn search gets hotter, Extended Warranty??!

Hi ALL!

My search for the ever elusive Legacy GT Wgn W/5sp continues. I have sort of found one, it's Black (79K Miles)! This particular dealer is offering an Extended Warranty by GE Capitol. I guess this is one of the few reputable ones! I'm think this might be a way around the inevitable HG explosion! Anyone have any real experience with this program? As of now I don't know what the cost, or the deductibles. Their website is geared towards the sellers of these programs, not the consumer.

Many thanks, Ted

Hi ALL!

My search for the ever elusive Legacy GT Wgn W/5sp continues. I have sort of found one, it's Black (79K Miles)! This particular dealer is offering an Extended Warranty by GE Capitol. I guess this is one of the few reputable ones! I'm think this might be a way around the inevitable HG explosion! Anyone have any real experience with this program? As of now I don't know what the cost, or the deductibles. Their website is geared towards the sellers of these programs, not the consumer.

Many thanks, Ted

Be careful, many of the aftermarket warranties do not cover gaskets or seals.

So if they fail and cause issues you are sol.

Read the fine print very carefully, there are also clause for maximum payout on them.

I had a Toyota Land cruiser a few years ago that needed a new tranny because of 1st owner neglect. The ext warranty only cover a max total of 4500 and the tranny was around 6,000. I had to fight it out with the dealership to get if fixed since it was a know issue when we purchased it.