Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Socket

The problem with the Sear's set you linked to is that the E10 in that set is a 3/8" drive, and won't fit into the stub axle.... I've found tons of E10's for sale online and locally, but was unable to locate any other dealers that carried the 1/4" drive E10. It's extremely thin wall, and I went with the Matco because it's impact rated - those suckers can be a real beotch to break loose.....

GD

I tried the 8mm 6 point socket before I asked what to use. It wouldn't hold and I didn't want to moung up the head so the proper socket wouldn't work. After going to 3 auto parts stores, and only finding 3/8" drive E-10's. Ken the counter guy at the last store, after spending quite a while looking in all his tool books, he called his tool dis.. It seems SK has just come out with a deep well 1/4" E-10. But only in a $34 set. But Ken being a great guy said, you buy the one you need and I'll buy the rest. I do believe from now on, I'll buy any parts I need from him.