Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cargo cover repair -Loyale

Recently purchased a 92' Loyale wagon and love it. The cargo cover has released from spring(?) and is no longer able to wind up. I've tried to search archives but the only links I've found were dead. Help! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated-

Recently purchased a 92' Loyale wagon and love it. The cargo cover has released from spring(?) and is no longer able to wind up. I've tried to search archives but the only links I've found were dead. Help! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated-

welcome abord.

I dont know how to fix em but I have two blue ones in my garage that I am not using right now. if you want i can make you a sweet deal.

one has been torn and repaired. the other is all good.

i have a 90 loyale wagon that did not come with a cargo cover but i would like one. would it be possible (i guess everything is possible) to find one off of a junked one and put it on my soob. thanks for any insight. has anyone done that?

i have a 90 loyale wagon that did not come with a cargo cover but i would like one. would it be possible (i guess everything is possible) to find one off of a junked one and put it on my soob. thanks for any insight. has anyone done that?
You would need all the little mounting pieces as well.. I don't think the loyale has them. You would also need to cut some holes for the mounting pieces to go.

BTW Goat.. did you ever get my PM about wheels and tires and such.. did it answer any of your questions?

It's really easy. Take off the end caps. I used a nail to punch the pins out.Roll it up and throw a rubber band on it. Take some vise grips and twist the spring up nice and snug, don't twist it so much that it breaks the spring. Now with the tension on, have someone hold the vise grips while you put the opposite end cap back on. Once the pin is back in the end cap, you can release the vise grips. Voila!

It's really easy. Take off the end caps. I used a nail to punch the pins out.Roll it up and throw a rubber band on it. Take some vise grips and twist the spring up nice and snug, don't twist it so much that it breaks the spring. Now with the tension on, have someone hold the vise grips while you put the opposite end cap back on. Once the pin is back in the end cap, you can release the vise grips. Voila!

Dang, today was trash day....

Oh well! Thanks for the info however :) Maybe I'll fix one from a junkyard hehe.