Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am thinking about buying the new Outback GT.

I am not sure if I want to buy this year or wait until next year or later for some features that I want.

- Built in XM radio

- Audio controls on steering wheel for 5 speed turbo engine

- 6 speed manual

I am also thinking of the potential of Subaru bumping the engine to 300 HP since it is the same engine as in the STi.

Would this be possible?

Thanks

Mike

<<I am also thinking of the potential of Subaru bumping the engine to 300 HP since it is the same engine as in the WRX.>>

the WRX has a 2.0 engine in it. the new turbo legacys have a 2.5 in them. so what exactly do you want to the engine?

For inital cost the 2.5 liter will easily out gun the h6 in hp and torq. All you need to do is upgrade the turbo put a 3inch exhust and you should be able to get a relible 350 horse with some tuning. I would go onto http://www.nasioc.com they have alot of info on the 2.5 turbo engine mod paths. The only trickey part is the legacy ej25t has the turbo directly conected to the inner cooler some some comtom fab would be required to fit a STi unit or any up grade for the STi. In Europe the Legacy R has the h6 with the 6 speed.

I don't see Subaru bumping the outback to 300. More likely would be increasing the displacement on the H6 for something like 275HP. The H6 has alot of room to grow...I could see 300 NA horses out of that engine easy. What does Porsche get out of their NA H6s? The 2.5 at 300 HP is a balls out four banger...plus I wouldn't trust that thing to last too long. I'd take a tuned out 2.0 WRX engine over the 2.5 any day.

I don't see Subaru bumping the outback to 300. More likely would be increasing the displacement on the H6 for something like 275HP. The H6 has alot of room to grow...I could see 300 NA horses out of that engine easy. What does Porsche get out of their NA H6s? The 2.5 at 300 HP is a balls out four banger...plus I wouldn't trust that thing to last too long. I'd take a tuned out 2.0 WRX engine over the 2.5 any day.

The ej25t in the new STi seems to be holding power fairly well, rember it has a very close power to cubic inch as the ej20t.