Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Am I Crazy?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

so it's 106* acording to our outdoor temperature thing, and i'm out in the sun sanding my roof! i'm attempting to get the '75 painted or at least primered, and get disc brakes on the front by WCSS6. hopefully i can get something acomplished before i go to reno for hot august nights. but with the recent shattered elbow and only working on it 1 maybe 2 days a week, we'll see where i get.

-mike

#2 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

dude, thats nuts, when its that hot outside i end up melting. i wouldnt even go out in that heat. good luck getting the paint done though, and drink lots and lots of water.

#3 SubaSkeet

SubaSkeet

iDesert Destroyer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:57 PM

heh, wish I could work in 106. im busy fixing my wagon in 115 degrees of fun. then again, anything over 100 is all the same: sweat, sweat, and sweat some more. yeah, definitely hold on to that water.

#4 Subi81

Subi81

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Ventura, Ca

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:06 PM

Finally some other northerners feeling the heat, in Redding, CA it was 106 too.

I didn't think it got that hot in OR.

Yea just wait till it gets 100 teens, 106 will feel balmy.

Good luck

#5 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:45 AM

well up here it hit 104 and man did I have troubles with my wagon keeping cool. Time to flush the cooling system.:(

#6 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,789 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:57 AM

We hit 100 in Bellevue today. Thermometer was crappy, but it matches the Thermo in my old Mercedes to about .5*C

#7 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

I was sanding my wagon in that summer heat a few years back. Thankfully i was wet sanding with a hose running constantly so that helped keep me cool!

Drink plenty of water :) Dont wanna be pushing kidney stones out at WCSS6!

#8 andrew.anderson

andrew.anderson

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:24 AM

I think your all crazy. But dedicated. I'm in Mannheim, Germany and would trade our 80* weather for your 105* anyday.

#9 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

nah you are crazy for wanting the 105 degree heat lol I would rather be living back in germany anyday sometimes lol. Mmmmmm Autobahn :grin: :headbang: :burnout: :slobber: :drunk: just think of a US Spec STi with the speed limiter off runnin there mmmmmm

#10 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:20 AM

you gotta get a lower final drive gear ratio and diff oil coolers on the sti, then you will be able t have lots of fun.

#11 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:13 AM

hopefully i can get something acomplished before i go to reno for hot august nights

Your going to Hot August Nights huh? Can I ask why? I try to leave town when thats going on. I can't stand it!!! ahhhh It's been in the upper 90's in Reno with a nice 10% humidity. Hehe

#12 XT Fan

XT Fan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Norfolk

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:36 AM

Doggone that's HOT. We have a very nice 78ยบ here on the East coast today, but rainy as well. Good luck with that busted elbow and the '75.

#13 Toms Brats

Toms Brats

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Thornton,Co.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:33 AM

I'm freezing mid 60s in Denver today.

#14 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:03 PM

I'm freezing mid 60s in Denver today.

oh i'd love to have temps like that again.

subieman; i'm a classics/ hot rod freak so thats why i go. but i get outta there once all the G's with spinners show up.

anyways, heres some pics...

Attached Files

#15 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

today the weather was beautiful, like 73* out. sunny but slightly overcast. perfect day out at the junk yard. got me a spider intake and a brake caliper.

#16 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:23 PM

man skunk at least you have your fuel door (can't find one with the correct dimensions) and I am thankful my 76 is not the original color (which is the same exact color as yours) and looks like you have the same problems with the dash as I do lot's and lot's of cracks in the plastic

#17 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:46 AM

looks like you have the same problems with the dash as I do lot's and lot's of cracks in the plastic

yeah, i got all those devil cracks, but they come in handy from time to time(holding little screws while doing dash work)

some more pics of what i got done before 11:30(had to get something on to help prevent rusting while t-storm lookin sky was brewing overhead)

-mike
*pics of arm available upon request*

Attached Files

#18 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:07 AM

lol your just gettin me downright jealous cause you have a little bit more intact stage 1 than I do just lookin and ooohhhin and ahhhin at the rear bumper too

#19 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

my paint removal grinder just broke in half:mad:
guess i'm gonna hafta do it the old fashioned way now:rolleyes:

-mike

#20 jimbo747

jimbo747

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:25 PM

I can hit over 100 in Oregon? Dang! Down here in Phoenix it's only 108 today.

#21 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:34 PM

yeah but for you it's a dry heat up here we have a lil humidity to add in not like over in St.Louis and such but still there is a lil bit

#22 andrew.anderson

andrew.anderson

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Germany

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

bajavwnsoobnut

What is the speed limiter set at on the USDM STi? I know the US legal limit is 155 mph. It should be set at that. And no I am not crazy. It is nice here but not hot enough.

#23 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

the electronic limiter is sat at 145 MPH so that's why I was wondering what would be the top speed of it without the limiter cause over here road and track had a competition for the top supercar and the STi beat out the Porshe GT3 byt a small margin but the #'s were almost the same for all tests and the margin was the price :grin: so that makes me think if there were just the minimum mods could it go over 200 on the bahn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users