Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found a 90 legacy awd a/t wagon just a few Q

since i know alittle about the 80s but not to munch about the 90s , i found a 90 awd legacy l a/t wagon silver 122,000mi good body , no rust, but the owner says it will not hold water, so 3 things it could be, 1- radiator, HG, or water pump, it also has abs brakes , or could it be something else?

You mention a car that looks exactly like mine, although mine is a 91 and has more K on it. It's very easy to figure why it doesn't hold coolant. Fill it with water but be careful not to splash water anywhere so that you will know if there is any leaks anywhere. Once you find where it is leaking (hopefully it's not somewhere deep within the engine or head somewhere), you can determine if it is worth fixing it. If it is just the radiator, it's well worth fixing it (IMO).

well the car has no battery and sitting in weeds , but it has not been sitting just to long , the rear hatch does not open , drivers side mirror is missing , small crack in windshield , i may offer her alittle less and take my chances ,thanks

since i know alittle about the 80s but not to munch about the 90s , i found a 90 awd legacy l a/t wagon silver 122,000mi good body , no rust, but the owner says it will not hold water, so 3 things it could be, 1- radiator, HG, or water pump, it also has abs brakes , or could it be something else?

Nice, you will love it!!

I am sure it is a radiator or hose. 2.2 almost never had HQ issues.

My last Subaru was a 86 GL-10!

You will be amazed at the changes to the Legacy from the older models.