Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Go to my subaru at subaru.com register your vehicle (for recalls and such) and send them a message saying you just bought the car, you love it but you didn't get a manual with it. If they have some you'll get one free of charge.

OK, Subaru wants $30 for a new manual, with no jacket, etc. However, they told me that the Outback did not have a special owner's manual, that it was the same Legacy book for all models. I e-mailed the person running this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7914450751&category=6762&sspagename=WDVW

and asked if the manual included Outbacks. He replied that there is no mention of the Outback in this manual, which is for a 97. So, is Subaru wrong about there not being an Outback manual this year, or is the guy with the auction wrong? Could someone with a 97 Legacy Outback reply and let me know what your manual looks like?

Thanks!

Did you call Subaru cust. service like I said 1800subaru3 or something like that. They will if they have one and you are nice to them send you one for free. A dealer of course will charge you. I've gotten manuals for all but 1 car for free from SOA.

Did you call Subaru cust. service like I said 1800subaru3 or something like that. They will if they have one and you are nice to them send you one for free. A dealer of course will charge you. I've gotten manuals for all but 1 car for free from SOA.

Yes, the mysubaru.com people gave me the toll-free to tech. services, and they're the ones who told me $30.