Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Brat Lives

when i talked to bob yesterday(called me at work to say i was the first to know it was running strong) i asked wether or not she would be ready for WCSS, and he said that she is pretty much just a rolling shell with a drivers seat. next step is to pull the motor and get the engine compartment painted, and all cleaned up, then on to body work and such. so, unless they are working like they do on tv:rolleyes: , we won't be seeing it at WCSS.

-mike

I took the brat for a road test this weekend and a front end alignment. with the addition of the power steering, the alignment guy said that the caster has to be changed. It steers to easy. So I added a 1/2" washer to the stabilizer bar trailing the lower arm which pushes the lower arm forward adding caster. Went out again and it steers better, especially at 80mph. Too bad the speedometer doesn't go any higher. Lots of power and torque in 5th gear. Photographs are coming and I will bring them to Hood River. Scott Morgan at Scotts shop did the wiring and evenn though he has had enough of Subarus for a while he is willing to pass on what he did. Contact scott at 425 222 4696 or motormek2@centurytel.net. Next project is to clean up the engine compartment wiring and hoses and ready for paint. Also going to finish undercoating the wheelwells etc. and paint the engine compartment in the fall. Body work after that and paint in the early spring. I am looking forward to seeing you guys at Hood River. Bob