Ultimate Subaru Message Board

www.Subaruparts.com Experiences? (posted further info 7-31)

So who can tell me anything about http://www.subaruparts.com?

Placed an order for some items there yesterday and it turned out that their default shipping charges were way low for the size of what they were sending. They called and left me a message about itaround 7pm Eastern Timezone (4pm PacificTimezone.) I tried calling them back around 7:45pm ET which would have been 4:45 pm PT. I got a recording that basically said they were gone, but proceeded to say that they were open until 5pm PT. Anyhow, I left a message and didn't hear back. As of 4:40 ET, 1:40PT I still hadn't heard back so I called. Spent 10 minutes on hold and finally gave up and left a message.

What gives? I sent them and e-mail wednesday and they replied to that in a few hours.

Keith

i ordered a roof-rack from them, and after they sent me the wrong clamps and i called them back they said "sorry, our bad, well send you the right ones" about 4 days later i get an email saying "oh, just send the wrong ones back or else were going to charge you for another set of clamps." i called back and they said that even though the page i ordered from said outback that i should have ordered from Impreza because the outback clamps wont fit my outback sport. I called up and talked to TRISH for about a half hour and they pretty much said it was my problem and that if i didnt want to send them back they would just charge me twice. So, i sent them back... not one of my favorite companies to do business with anymore.

subaruparts.com is fine for normal stuff that is in stock. They have good prices and such.

However if you're ordering stuff that isn't in stock, they're not the best.....or as you have found...

Well, is wasn't that the stuff wasn't in stock. In fact, I was really impressed that they were trying to ship the stuff out the same day when I placed the order at 3pm their time. They called me right away to tell me about the shipping charges, and now I can't get a hold of them. I'm going to try sending them an e-mail. Who knows, maybe they shipped it out that day 2-day like I had suggested in my first voicemail, and that's why they haven't called back. We'll see.

Keith

I won't buy from them and urge you not too either. I ordered some foglights from them, got a confirmation, everything's looking good. Then I get an email stating that even though these items are in stock and no longer in production, I would have to pay ~$70/set instead of the ~$20/set that they had them advertised!!! No compromise offered, but the worst is that they refused to honor the deal. I spoke with Trish, and her boss (can't remember his name, but he was an ***** about it) and like you, they said basically that they held all the cards, and tough crap on me. I cancelled my order and would only ever buy from them if they were last place for a part that I needed desperately.

DO NOT BUY FROM SUBARUPARTS.COM!!!

I don't know if they monitor these boards, but if they want to try and dispute my facts, good luck - i still have all the emails - Trish might be nice but she's associated with a company that DOES NOT promote or engender good customer service and/or relationships. My new source:

http://www.libertysubaru.com/

friendly, quick, and they give extra discount to USMB members if you mention you heard about them through this site.

I'm confused. I know that Subaruparts.com and 1stsubaruparts.com aren't the same place but it seems that when I received my order from 1stsubaruparts.com , it arrived in a box marked LIBERTY SUBARU...is that possible ?

I'm confused. I know that Subaruparts.com and 1stsubaruparts.com aren't the same place but it seems that when I received my order from 1stsubaruparts.com , it arrived in a box marked LIBERTY SUBARU...is that possible ?

1st subaru parts = auburn subaru, iirc, located in washington/oregon. i've had very good dealings with them...

Don't confuse Subaruparts.com with 1stSubaruparts.com. The former is a dealer in Tacoma, WA and the 2nd is a dealer in Auburn, WA. I've never dealt with the Tacoma shop so I have no opinion there, but I have dealt with 1stSubaruparts.com numerous times and their service, delivery, and follow-up are excellent. As to the Liberty Subaru box, I would suspect that both dealers deal with the same distributor for their source of parts.

Folks,

Thanks for your comments. Subaruparts.com just got deleted from my Favorites file.

When they (Trish) saved a couple of bucks buy screwing a customer, they (she) probably didn't figure what they're going to lose from me, and hopefully others, in the future.

Sounds like her boss and the rest of the operation are a bunch of (fill in your own words) too.

In a similar vein, there's something about the arrogance of some dealers that drives me crazy. I always go to the local dealer and get a price first. I ask if they can help me out a little. In most cases, they say no. I then order from the internet.

Everyone's comments on this board will help ferret out the weasels on the web.

Thanks Trish. Hope you get a big bonus this year.

Well, After two phone messages (one wednesday, one thursday) and on e-mail on friday, I still have not heard back from anyone at http://www.subaruparts.com directly. I did however receive an e-mail from DHL saying ,

"TACOMA SUBARU NISSAN SENT THE FOLLOWING SHIPMENTS ON JULY 30, 2004

TO KEITH KENNEDY VIA DHL EXPRESS

DHL EXPRESS OR THE SENDER WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.

SHIPMENT NUMBER TRACKING LINK

================================================================================

XXXXXXXXXXXX http://HTTP://TRACK.AIRBORNE.COM/ATRKNAV.ASP?SHIPMENTNUMBER=XXXXXXXXXXXX

================================================================================

TOTAL SHIPMENTS: 1

THANK YOU FOR USING DHL EXPRESS. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT USING DHL

PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, PLEASE VISIT http://WWW.DHL.COM

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MESSAGE WAS CREATED AT THE REQUEST OF THE SENDER. NO AUTHENTICATION OF

EMAIL ADDRESSES HAS BEEN PERFORMED. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE FURTHER EMAIL

NOTIFICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER DIRECTLY.

So, apparently they just decided to do something with out ever actually talking to me, even though in three seperate attempts I left them with a cell phone number I could be reached at.

How long have these guys been around? Are they still going through some teething issues? I think I can safely say that I will never buy anything from them again unless it is a deal too good to be missed.

Keith

Boy, you guys are lucky, I could never get these guys on the phone or get them to reply to an e-mail, granted that was over two years ago, and maybe things have changed, but I'd never order from them again. They still owe me my core charges on two axles.

Boy, you guys are lucky, I could never get these guys on the phone or get them to reply to an e-mail,

You're talking about http://www.subaruparts.com? Technically I'm in the same boat. They replied to one e-mail I sent before I ordered something. Two phone messages and one e-mail later and I still haven't heard from them.

Keith