Ultimate Subaru Message Board

coil overs

You will need a spring compressor to get the srings off the struts, but those can be rented from autozone for $40.. and you get all $40 back when you return the compressor.

C'mon down here. Pull it into my garage and we'll get it knocked out in a couple hours.

The stock impreza springs are pretty soft really, I swapped mine for prodrive without a spring compressor. Just hold the strut bottom between yer feet and put a little downward pressure on them. Now, if your talking 500ft/lb springs, that's when cheap compressors are asking for a spring upside yo grill....

i think that most aftermarket springs are up ther around 4-500 pounds or so. at least the coil overs can be compressed, so to speak, by just winding em down all the way. that should make it really easy to install, first though, i need an inspection so i can get it tagged and on the road. once i get through inspection and emissions, i am going all out on the rx:D .