Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Off to Bolivia!

Oh wow no kidding... think about him coming home for turkey day, christmas, etc etc. Well it should at least be an interesting trip. You ever been there before?
No, I've never been south of the equator before. It will be an adventure I think.

Well, we´re here in downtown Santa Cruz, Bolivia. A new world for me. The trip down was the flight from Hell. Left our house after 4am. Got to the gate at SeaTac within 25 minutes of getting dropped off. Cool I thought, everything looks great. Turns out American Airlines had a massive computer crash that morning and every AA flight in the country would be delayed 2 hours! It got worse from there, when we arrived in Miami we had to circle for a while because of weather and when we landed we were twelfth inline waiting for a gate to open. Turns out the gates weren´t opening up since the flight crews to clear the gate were on the planes waiting for gates!!!! Catch'22 anyone. Darn these Spanish keyboardsÑ I can´t get most of the punctuation right!!! Anyway after sitting in the plane for four hours we had to run for our plane and then wait to leave )waiting for the crew to arrive!! Final tally 38 hours travel time from Seattle to Santa Cruz Bolivia. This is Tues...we arrived yesteday...going back to the airport to pick up our luggage which finally caught up with us!!!

Jeez, that brings new meaning to the term "jet lag". Hope things go better on the way home Ed. Whats winter like down there?

85 degrees and windy as heck. Coming into Land at SC the plane bounced around like crazy. Looked out to see the palm trees all at full extension like a field of windsocks.

We've Got the Hatch Patrol all over the place these days Ed. Have a good trip, see you soon.

Saw some cool cars here. Place is overun with toyotas )all the taxis(. I finally saw a Legacy and a nice ´84 wagon. Saw a fairly clean Brat today also. Driving here is insane. A santa cruz stop==ifyou don´t see anyone coming just cruise on through. If you see another car, step on it! Intersections are every man for himself....whoever has the biggest cajones goes first. The interesting thing is that there´s no road rage....everyone just drives aggressively and doesn´t take offence if they´re cut off...it´s just part of normal driving.

I'll be off-line until Aug. 17th. Flying to Bolivia tomorrow to attend my middle son's wedding. After flying all that way we decided to stay a bit longer. So don't be surprised if I don't reply quickly to any messages.
Yea right, I knew if you found a computer that you'd be logging onto the board. Found any PAPs yet?? :lol:

Yea right, I knew if you found a computer that you'd be logging onto the board. Found any PAPs yet?? :lol:

Not looking for any parts down here. In spite of the favorable money exchange I don´t think shipping would be that cheap. And there are very few Subarus...this area is dominated by Toyotas. Other makes available but not in any appreciable quantity.

Glad to hear you made it in safely. Come home the same and we'll see you then.BTW, I got the letter:brow:

Glad to see you got the letter. Sorry you didn´t get to use the tires last weekend. I saw a toyota sedan today while walking around the city with a big red bumper sticker on the door for Silverstone Rally Tires. Hard to believe but true.