Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

It's been a while since I added anything useful to the forums so here goes. I finally got a chance to change my oil with the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Wow, no tools needed to drain...just flick the lever to drain and then return it to its locked position when you fill up! Certified as OEM equipment by Subaru and for ~$25, it makes oil change procrastination very hard to do. The part number is F105 for ALL Subaru models. If you want a nipple to attach a hose onto it, the number is F105N, however, I think the nipple would be ripped off or damaged especially with some of you crazy folk here :) Visit the web site for all of the tech stuff, but the short rundown is corrosion resistant forged brass and stainless steel construction. The ball valve design provides a straight flow for efficient drainage and a perfect seal when closed which is very similiar to high pressure valves used with gases, yada yada yada......

Posted Image

Take care,
Kevin

#2 wirelessenabled

wirelessenabled

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Washington

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

I have a Fumoto with nipple on a MY00 Outback 5MT wagon. The nipple is above the "skid" plate on the bottom of the car so to rip off the nipple one would be scraping the bottom of the tranny. I like the valve with the nipple because it lets me put a hose on and drain the oil straight in to gallon jugs for recycling.

I loosen the filter and then grab it with a gallon ziplock plastic bag. Makes for oil changes with no drips at all!

The Fumoto valve feels very solid and well made.

#3 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:01 PM

I have one on all 3 Soob's :D:D

(and an I ordered an extra one last time, so I have one sitting on the shelf for when I get my next one :D:D:D:D )

#4 Warp3

Warp3

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • WNC

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:11 AM

I've had one on my Impreza for a while now and have another waiting to be installed on the RX when I do my next oil change. I love these things...hehe :D

#5 sixiron

sixiron

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • hickory,NC

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

I have a fumoto drain on my cargo van...can't remember if it was installed with a washer or not....you guys running the fumoto on your subes does it install with the drain washer or not...I really like them especially on my diesel van...tks bd

#6 Warp3

Warp3

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • WNC

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:48 PM

If you mean the crush washer that normally goes on the drain plug, it's not needed as the fumoto valve comes with a rubber washer/gasket deal that you use instead.

#7 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:57 AM

i have one on my wagon and love it! i have the nipple version so i can run a hose past the skid plate into my receptacle. worth it IMO. cleaner and faster oil changes!

#8 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • WA

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:25 AM

just ordered mine yesterday...

yes.. it's true... i'm lazy :D

Jamie

#9 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

did everyone manage to thread it so it sticks out of the oil pan like in the picture I attached in the original post? Mine is cocked in the 3:00 position and snug. Directions said not to really get on it so I didn't.

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users