Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you will still need a three to two convertor if you do it yourself. are you any good with a VOM? Seems to me the hidden hitch connector looks to be the way to go

Associates Degree in electronics and over 7 years job experiance. Not a problem on that side, but as you said I would need a converter anyway. I think they were around $15 at Walmart so the Ebay thing seems like a deal.

Keith

I have a 2000 Impreza with the reparate turn signal and brake light

I had one trailler hitch with electrical wiring installed at the purchase of my car with the trailler hitch

It went well untill it stopped working. I tought that it was a problem on the trailler side: bad bulb, bad connection. I finally tested the wires coming out of the car and wound out where the problem was. Since I relocated, the original shop was too far for me so I did it myself

I purchase a small kit from Walmart or Canadian Tire and a small welding torch but but I could have used clip connectors as well. The entire job took me 2 hours but I wanted to test all connections with a ohm meter and to do soldering on every connection. I was not only installing a kit but I was troobleshooting a problem with my trailler as well.

The installation is easy and straightforward and if you do it by yourself, you will also be able to repair it.

I should also have purchased the trailler hitch, it is a simple bolt-on for my car and thge installation would have taken about 2 hours as well especially since the car was brand new.

Charles Leblanc

Impreza 2000 wagon

So, since my 95 Legacy Wagon has seperate turn signal bulbs from the brake lights I need to buy an adapter to work with standard trailer light. The question is, are these things worth the extra money over doing it yourself?

Trailer Light Connector Kit

Same thing on Ebay really Cheap

Keith