Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trailer Wiring Plug in Kit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:30 PM

So, since my 95 Legacy Wagon has seperate turn signal bulbs from the brake lights I need to buy an adapter to work with standard trailer light. The question is, are these things worth the extra money over doing it yourself?
Trailer Light Connector Kit
Same thing on Ebay really Cheap

Keith

#2 Will Smith

Will Smith

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Placerville

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:57 PM

you will still need a three to two convertor if you do it yourself. are you any good with a VOM? Seems to me the hidden hitch connector looks to be the way to go

#3 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:22 PM

you will still need a three to two convertor if you do it yourself. are you any good with a VOM? Seems to me the hidden hitch connector looks to be the way to go

Associates Degree in electronics and over 7 years job experiance. Not a problem on that side, but as you said I would need a converter anyway. I think they were around $15 at Walmart so the Ebay thing seems like a deal.

Keith

#4 leblancc99

leblancc99

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • quebec

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:15 PM

I have a 2000 Impreza with the reparate turn signal and brake light

I had one trailler hitch with electrical wiring installed at the purchase of my car with the trailler hitch

It went well untill it stopped working. I tought that it was a problem on the trailler side: bad bulb, bad connection. I finally tested the wires coming out of the car and wound out where the problem was. Since I relocated, the original shop was too far for me so I did it myself

I purchase a small kit from Walmart or Canadian Tire and a small welding torch but but I could have used clip connectors as well. The entire job took me 2 hours but I wanted to test all connections with a ohm meter and to do soldering on every connection. I was not only installing a kit but I was troobleshooting a problem with my trailler as well.

The installation is easy and straightforward and if you do it by yourself, you will also be able to repair it.

I should also have purchased the trailler hitch, it is a simple bolt-on for my car and thge installation would have taken about 2 hours as well especially since the car was brand new.

Charles Leblanc
Impreza 2000 wagon

So, since my 95 Legacy Wagon has seperate turn signal bulbs from the brake lights I need to buy an adapter to work with standard trailer light. The question is, are these things worth the extra money over doing it yourself?
Trailer Light Connector Kit
Same thing on Ebay really Cheap

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users