Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just when it starts to get into the heat of August, guess who doesn't have any A/C. :( Fortunately I believe I found the leak, I noticed the connection on the passenger side of the condenser had some black oily/greasy stuff coming out of the fitting, and saw a bubble or two (must have been the remaining refrigerant).

Few questions though, Is there just an o-ring that needs to be replaced? Do I need to flush/or purge any remaining stuff out of the system before or after? And I assume I can just use the walmart-type re-charge kits that contain part r134a and part oil? (I think some have part system-sealer too...)

Was hoping this was something I could do correctly myself, but maybe it would be easier taking it down the street.

Thanks for the replies; hopefully things will cool down for a bit.

--Nick

considering the risks i would take it to a shop that knows subaru.

done wrong you could destroy the compressor.

it needs to be evacuated then repaired then vacuumed then charged.

anything done wrong in this process could do $$$$$$$$ damage.

Just when it starts to get into the heat of August, guess who doesn't have any A/C. :( Fortunately I believe I found the leak, I noticed the connection on the passenger side of the condenser had some black oily/greasy stuff coming out of the fitting, and saw a bubble or two (must have been the remaining refrigerant).

Few questions though, Is there just an o-ring that needs to be replaced? Do I need to flush/or purge any remaining stuff out of the system before or after? And I assume I can just use the walmart-type re-charge kits that contain part r134a and part oil? (I think some have part system-sealer too...)

Was hoping this was something I could do correctly myself, but maybe it would be easier taking it down the street.

Thanks for the replies; hopefully things will cool down for a bit.

--Nick