Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTN: Colorado Subes!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I will be posting more details and a map asap. We just might have to take Wasteland's idea of the Rocky Mountain Roo's....just sounds too good.

Thanks to Baccaruda for hooking me up with some of the last body pieces I need to actually make this DL look decent before I meet up with you all. Anyone want to come help me paint it before hand? haha yea right...

Anyways more details and map coming soon, anyone that can come with anymore ideas of what to do for that day our ears are open.

Ok Here is some more information.

The best place to go look at the Map of Red Rocks and get it's address is

http://www.redrocksonline.com/09_maps/09_maps.html#

Figured we can meet in the "Early Bird Lot" on the map or at the top in the "Top Circle Lot". Your guys choice, just alittle more of a drive.

It's beautiful everywhere in Red Rocks.

Those who don't know where it is should grab the address from there and head to http://www.mapquest.com to make thing easy for you. Can even get directions from your house.

Still Optional if you guys want is:

The small trip to the local hamburger stand isn't long and I only picked that since that's where the hotrodders meet at (so good place to show off our subes to the hotrodders if any) and has a nice big parking lot next to it. The address for that place is:

Hamburger Stand 179

1495 Holland

LAKEWOOD, CO 80215 - 4735

Meeting at red rocks is great and works for me on the 18th too.

just a couple of inputs hamburger stand is Great but theres also a Sonic in Golden 17191 s Golden road about 6 miles from Red Rocks

Colfax to 6th to ulysess or for that matter we could just meet and the hambuger stand on Holland too just an input or two.

Hassey

Well like I said I only picked the hamburger stand for the heck of it. Orignally I just wanted to get together and meet few locals...seems to have gotten a tad bigger. I am game for whatever the majority wants to do :D

We could just meet at Red Rocks and then decide where to go, I thought about that Sonic also (since I used to live right behind it) and does have the shopping mall parking lot with it too. There is several places not to far from the Rocks to grab some food, including several real restraunts/bars. I know of a good one that's fairly new and hidden away right where Colfax makes it ascent to the mountains, Scotty Dogs or Susie's Bar right across the street. Doesn't really matter to me.

Good Point Shawn, wasn't thinking about the fact there will probably be other people in the top most lot, North Lot is a better idea. If we wanted to meet someplace where we would be the only ones, my work's Golden office is right on 6th & Hertiage (Across from the courthouse) and has a huge parking lot that would be totally empty. Bonus there would be the quick shoot across 6th into Golden for some food. Heck I could prob get us a VIP group tour of Coors (Since I work with Coors, not for them) if we wanted. That's really not that exciting, but I'm there a few times a week so wears on ya quick.

Too bad the Bucksnort Saloon doesn't have better parking. It's the ULTIMATE mountain bar and has the best burgers and smother burritos in Colorado!

Also fantastic ambiance: old stage stop built over a creek, winding mountain road to get to it, but still good for non-4 wheelers. On the other hand, people usually manage to find "someplace" to park there!

Take US285 south to Shaffers Crossing: left down that road to Sphinx Park; Can't miss the Bucksnort...it's on the right!

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

Holy schnikeys...haven't checked in this forum in a while...thought I wouldn't make it. Lo' and behold..with the aid of fellow USMB input and Shawn coming by for a gander at my wagon....Diamond in the Roo is once again on the road.

If I remember correctly...at the OFFICIAL FIRST COLORADO USMB MEETING at Red Rocks...I won the most vintage/classic there...am I mistaken?...I think not. My wagon and I will be there...and I challenge anyone to bring one more vintage.

I saw a '78ish Brat the other day at the local junkyard...nice condition w/ rear seats!!...jackman wheels..little rust...and with an Abandoned Vehicle sticker...so no title to work with...sigh. I have seen a couple wagons running around that are close to my year...and a blue older Brat...but that's it. OH...DANG...downtown someone drives a '75 Wagon around...no kidding...near mint!...that would be nice to see up close...eh?

Babble..babble.....babble...yah...well...another idea to throw at everyone...not far from Red Rocks is a nice drive over Guanella Pass...Shawn went over it the other day and will reaffirm...that would be a nice area to light off road and get the true feeling of the Rocky Mountains and the Roos that dominate them...hehe.

If you want to visit my website...here's the link: http://operationmindcrime.us/xenon/index.html

I haven't updated it in a while...but there is more to it than meets the eye...yesssssireeeeeee! Xenongod

There was a 76' (or so) wagon that looked complete at Colorado Salvage Yard (off Santa Fe), forgot to post about it up here. That was like a week ago...am saving out for the RX or XT Turbo if I find one or would've offered them cash for it. Might still be there in mostly one piece. Maybe I will make the drive with the camera today if I get a chance.

On a side note I might be able to take the "Most needed Paint Job" award if I don't manage to get it done first...LOL. Maybe I should just bring the wife mobile.

**Started my gallery so you guys will know my car Here **

Excuse me I listed the name wrong, it's Colorado Auto Parts. It's off Santa Fe and Oxford. Take Santa Fe to Oxford, turn west on to Oxford, take your first left on to the frontage road and follow it around. There is a yard called Svigels and you take the right immediately after it and that skinny road leads down to Colorado. Won't make it out there today to see if that wagon is still there that's for sure. And yes it's a pull your own parts yard.

There was a 76' (or so) wagon that looked complete at Colorado Salvage Yard (off Santa Fe), forgot to post about it up here. That was like a week ago... Might still be there in mostly one piece. Maybe I will make the drive with the camera today if I get a chance.

what color was the interior? what condition? get any pics? woohoo!

that lot turns over fairly quick. anyone know if it's still there?

I've been there several times only about a mile or two from me but my all time favorite is pull-n-save www.pullnsave.com

Ok Dr Krazy It's all on you now. The meeting place(s), and the time(s), i think every ones said sept 18th will work for everyone. so the rest is up to you.:)

I will add one thing if I can and thats that both meeting places be chosen before hand and posted here.

example: if we meet at red rocks and convoy to the hamberstand let it be known and posted here first (don't deside the second place standing in the red rocks parking lot)

that way if there are a some that can't make the first one they know where to catch up

It's just a thought and an Idea thats all not trying to step on toes :cool:

Hassey

Well from the responses it looks like:

Sept 18th 12-1pm Red Rocks @ Top North Lot

Then to the Sonic in Golden for some food!

I posted it in the Calendar with the information and links to help

getting there. Really looking forward to meeting the other local

Subes.

Just go up! Easy as that at Red Rocks to navigate to the upper parking lots...although the very top is usually full...there is a lot just down from that one and that is where we met up last time. If you go through a short tunnel then you are almost there.

I agree that there should be show before grubbing and gabbing...since it is a Subaru meet...eh? After that I am all up for any kind of food...and anywhere within reasonable distance.

Got my alloy wheels and street tires on today...a little detail work here and there...feels nice to be driving Diamond again. Xenongod

sorry to hijack, but has anyone been down to CAP recently who could say if that 76 wagon is still there? it's over an hour drive for me.

I don't know the answer to you question, hijacker.

Are you planning on attending this meet and greet? We could caravan down there. Any word on those 4 spoke alloys? I will be needing new tires soon.