Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone custom chop a 3door yet?(Smitty,this could be what you want)

Smitty,haven't seen you around buy maybe if I shout loud enough you'll hear this.

Got this 78k 3door,vintage 1986,for a fairly low price with all costs considered.Only problem is the interior is moldy.It's a major cleaning so I'm possibly cleaning/replacing and making it normal or........drum roll please....

Thinking I'll remove the rear hatch,the top(roof) right in back of the sunroof,which is aftermarket and sucks-hence the moldy interior.Chop the side to make it more like a truck bed.THen fill in a wall behind the front seats from the rear of the sunroof down to the floor.Hopefully a slider in that rear wall too.

Naturally there'll be no original interior rear of the front seats.Since I'm the king of white cedar lately I'll deck it appropriately.Bolt some tie down rings in and call it my truck.Could be a victim for the plow this winter.Too bad it sits as an automatic 4WD

My redneck roadkill rice rocket from hell.Make a cover for it with the vinyl stock I've had laying around for 10 years.Drill some drain holes in the floor.

OK,so please share your 3door horror stories.Chop chop.

somebody did something like this to an Legacy wagon (its on Wva) its also been sitting on this car lot for about 1, 2 or possibly even three years (don't remember when the first time I saw it was) but I stopped and looked at it the last time I wa up there and they did it with plywood so its was cheaply done but it didn't leak any so they must have done something right