Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a lefthand thread screw/bolt...

...to take my steeting wheel apart on my 96 Outback. I stipped the torx/allen wrench screw thinger on the righthand side of my steering wheel. I need to put a new cruise control leaver in. So, to get the screw/bolt out I need a lefthand thread bolt or screw... I need a 1/4, 5/16, and a 3/8 bolt/screw. It can be any length, and can be a hex bolt, phillips screw, etc.

I am going to screw the lefthead thread screw in counter-clockwise until it is tight, and then it will force the bolt/screw in my steering wheel out by turning it loose.

I checked local hardware stores, Auto Zone, Adv. Auto Parts, Lowes, and Home Depot...some have the nuts for the bolts...but nothing else. If anyone knows where I could get one...a store, or a website, or ANYTHING...i'd really really appreciate it.

(I tried those things that are supposed to take out stripped screws, the ones that look like weird drill bits... it didn't work)