Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Happy Weber........

I bought a set of jets from Big Jim Hilton, 140/140 mains, 60/55 idle, 165/160A/C. The difference is huge. Still not alot of top end, but it seems to hold it better now. Low end torque is great, you can feel it just tapping the peddal. Now to check milage, this fill up was 14 mpg:eek: , I might as well be driving a Hummer:lol: . Big thanks to Jim:clap: . Tim

Ouchies! My wagon has the stock jets (140/140 mains - 170/160 A/C - 60/55 idle), and I have great power. Getting about 18-19 MPG with 28" rubber. It's weird how different the exact same jets can act on different cars. My friend's hatch doesn't have the power my wagon does, and it's got the same brand new Weber I have. Cheap labor in mexico I suspect....

GD

I've got the 140 mains as well, but I'll be going back to my 155s :) since the problem I had was air related before. I was running my 155s at the midwest meet this year... lots of low end, just didn't have the clutch. that problem is taken care of too :)

I'm getting 17-18 mpg with mine right now. it still feels like I'm running short of air at the extreme top end.... but I will say that I love my 5 speed, much more than my original '82 4 speed from my Brat...

Perhaps. You can also try removing the secondary idle jet, and just plugging that off with a bolt. You don't need it, and it's probably dumping in extra fuel.

Are you just slightly out of spec? Mine jumped around at idle - first low, then really high. Turned out to be a cracked evap canistor causing a vac leak..... idle "quality" was poor.

Might try having a brand new cat welded up in place of the resonator pipe.....

GD