Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spotted in Carson City, NV...

About 5:30 PM, going south on Stewart St., just behind the State Capitol on Aug 11 (Wednesday).

White EA 82 Wagon, had the hood off and a HUGE intercooler in or near the spare tire cavity. I saw chrome, either wheels or hubcaps, in my mirror (I turned left in front of you, the white Acura). I was too far away to see any more details, by the time I got back to Stewart, it had disappeared.

hey, i was in carson bout 4weeks ago... how bad was the waterfall fire? heard it burned over 100,000 acres or something (i may be stretching... im tired). had friends that had to be evacuated from their house. crap, i just hijacked this post. reply inconspicuously, or just pm me bout it. 'uh, yeah, a white subaru, nope didnt see one.' (sry)

Well, the Waterfall fire could very easily have destroyed BOTH my houses. Came right to the back fence of my place in Carson City, and Incline Village was also "endangered" for awhile the next day (but was controlled before it got too close).

Whew.

• 3 months later...

Just kind of an update..I got a better look at that EA82 wagon mentioned above. Young driver, prolly in his early 20s.

Car now has a red hood with a hole cut in it, to accommodate the intercooler sticking out, no shroud or scoop..just naked. Chrome rims, but I don't think they were Cal-Masters..might have been re-drilled Toyota or aftermarket rims. Exhaust looked like a milder version of the kind the "boy racers" put on their lowered, winged Hondas. Made a nice sound, too..not the obnoxious loud "BRRAAPP!" common to the Boy Racer Hondas.

They're people out there who know their subaru stuff, but fon't seem to be here. I was the Reno PnP on thursday afternoon at about 2 and a "new" subaru had just came in. This subaru had a set of the early 80's spoke mags or shadow mags, and I wanted them badly. I couldn't get to them cause they were still on the sidewalk wedgen in between 2 other cars. The guy with the CAT took his time tryin to get these cars into the lines and so I took off, planning to come back the following morning. Well, when I got back at about 10 the next morning, they were gone, just plain gone, the whole set. 5 hours in 2 days and someone had taken the whole set. I was soooooo mad. But someone had known about these rims and had got them.