Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX sans wing (pic)

I'm slowly removing all the cladding from the RX. The first thing to go was the rear wing. I think it looks a bit more serious. I'm going to strip the cladding off the bottom, leave the front spoiler, and put a set of 15" steel wheels painted white with autocross tires on it. Different, Eh?

23RX_NO_WING_003-med.jpg

Regards,

Jay

I'm keeping all the spoilers and such. Going to just take all the bottom trim off the car and the rear spoiler. Not the grey trim. The car needs a good cleaning.

I like the DL look with the front spoiler. I want this car to appear as plain as possible. Going to either run the steel 15"s for a while on the street or mount up my autocross tires on them. Think I'll paint them white or the same color as the trim. Haven't decided.

23steel_wheel_test_fit_2_002-med.jpg

The anti-bling?

Jay

i had a lug break on my impreza, not hard to fix at all. you just get a large hammer and tap it out, there should be a position on the hub where it will go out without getting stuck. then the new one pops right in and is tightened when you torque the lug nut in the rim.

Looking good :D:D

...and put a set of 15" steel wheels painted white with autocross tires on it.

Are you selling those alloys??? I know someone who has admired them for about a year now:brow:

In autocross, what class do you run in? What's your competition?

Hocrest, Going to be keeping the alloys. Car does in fact run in the SM class. A new GTO, Ford Cobra, 66 Corvair, ACR Neons.. looks like a fast crowd in street modified. This will be my first autocross in this car so I'll be sandbagging quite a bit.

SubyRally, I've looked at the hubs once and didn't see a real easy way to get the studs in. These hubs are off an 88 XT6, so they may be different.

We'll see.

Jay

It's a DL!

23RX_NO_WING_014-med.jpg

Haven't cleaned up the bottom yet. RAIN

ugh! no wing?! no offense, my opinion, but the wing is what gives the rx its shape. i could see losing the side skirts, but having no wing makes the car look slopey like a buick!, like a "beefed up 3-door". more seriously, it has somewhat of an 80's mustang look without.

keep the front air dam, i have a set of lights under the bumper that would just not look right without the front wing.

paint the roof black and the lid of the tailgate, that would give it some shape, tint all the windows! then paint the raised center portion of the hood balck also.*opinion*

Anyone else going to show up at this Autocross?

Will, I didn't see you registered for this event on the registration cue. If you haven't, you might want to soon. They fill up quick.

Jay

The entry is closed. I called the chairman to make sure i could simply show up and register....and yup, i sho can.