Ultimate Subaru Message Board

According to Cars101.com the cold weather package was $400 and included heated seats, engine block warmer, and heated mirrors. Leather was an additional $1295. I don't know if leather and the cold weather pkg. was available on a manual.

Why would any sane man want leather seats ? There are too cold in the winter and too hot in the summertime. Also too expensive - I have had them and my daughter as well. Fabric is much the better, particulary sheepskin.

The engine block heater is recommended, I had one on my old '85 Diesel (also recommended).

Why would any sane man want leather seats ? There are too cold in the winter and too hot in the summertime. Also too expensive - I have had them and my daughter as well. Fabric is much the better, particulary sheepskin.

The engine block heater is recommended, I had one on my old '85 Diesel (also recommended).

I am a father of two very messy boys!!

Much easier to clean food, spilled milk etc. Just wipe them off.

2nd I am a avid road mtn biker. After a long ride can be muddy,wed, etc. The leather does not absorb the mud,sweat, etc.