Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Please List Any Carb Rebuilding Tips here....
Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:53 PM
what do you do?
What cleaner to soak it in. (mine needs a soaking really bad ) and how long?
pile on the info folks
Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:04 PM
1. Dissassemble the carb down to its basic components. Don't take apart the throttle shafts.
Make sure to take off all rubber and plastic parts as the cleaner will disolve them.
2. When your done with the cleaner then wash off the carb and related parts with water
3. Blow out all the passages with compressed air.
4. Sit down at a table with the new parts, instructions and fresh carb body and reassemble.
I've rebuilt several carbs and the Weber on the Fiat I had was the easiest carb I've ever worked on.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users