Ultimate Subaru Message Board

When I reset the ECU-TCU in my 90 leggy it did some strange things. These websites will tell you how to reset it but they don't tell you that you have to let your car sit for a day without driving it so that the ECU will re-learn how to function properly. I started the car after resetting it and it wouldn't go faster than 5 miles an hour and just ran BAD. I let it sit because I was going to have it towed to the dealer but when I went out later that day to move it out of the driveway it was like a whole new car. I still has a small idle dance when I first crank it in the morning (second or 2) but besids that it runs great.

When I reset the ECU-TCU in my 90 leggy it did some strange things. These websites will tell you how to reset it but they don't tell you that you have to let your car sit for a day without driving it so that the ECU will re-learn how to function properly. I started the car after resetting it and it wouldn't go faster than 5 miles an hour and just ran BAD. I let it sit because I was going to have it towed to the dealer but when I went out later that day to move it out of the driveway it was like a whole new car. I still has a small idle dance when I first crank it in the morning (second or 2) but besids that it runs great.

Ummm....you don't need to let it sit......sounds like you have another problem

I tried driving it after I reset it, it overheated, would not shift for sheot and felt like is was trying to "check out." After I let it sit for a few hours it was better than it was before the check engine light came on. It was showing a 22 and 42. Knock sensor and idle air. Neither one has come back and I have put a few hundred on the car since then. Weird aye. Still the best cars ever made hands down...even if they are possesed.

HEY SAS!!

I saw you on the MTV Video music award tonight and I must say you have lost some weight. I know I saw you doing some good cardio on the new beasties video but I thought it was for show. But then on the other hand when you live in the forest I guess there isn't much carbs kicking around to eat. So how is the Atkins diet working out for you? I am on the Burger King Angus burger diet and I must say I am feeling pretty good. If they only had good fries I would be set.

Keep up the good work.

Well, tonight I went to test my IAC...it seemed to test just fine. I pulled my PCV hose off to see if that valve was working....it was. I noticed though the the PCV hose was kinda crunchy. $0.99 later for a new hose and $2.50 for screw-type hose clamps and the problem appears to be solved.

THANKS for all the advice and those that emailed me offering to sell me parts on the cheap. You guys are great.

• 1 month later...