Ultimate Subaru Message Board

September 25 2004 Meet Western North Carolina

Gathering of Subie's in the woods of Pisgah National Forest. Gravel road (easy) or tarmac driving, Barbecue (weather permitting) or lunch at the Pisgah Inn. We had a meet in May that got rained on, however we had a lot of fun anyway. Family/kid friendly.

Should be mostly Foresters, and a couple of old-schools, however, ALL Subie's are welcome!!!

Please check out this thread for details: http://www.subaruforester.com/viewtopic.php?t=3783

Look forward to meeting some of you.:burnout:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where a TRUE East Coast meet should take place.Either there or the Outer Banks.

Good luck,I REALLY wish I could make it.

Moosens,

Come on down!!! We're only about 15 hours away from you. There may be some REAL off-roading too, if I can talk some others into it.:cool:

I hope to make it with the family. Lots of gravel roads in the immediate area, and some serious off roading just 55 minutes away.

You may want to make reservations at Davidson River Campground, because it can be pretty popular this close to leaf season.

Scott

better not count on me. now that school has started i have no money & have to work on saturdays. It would be nice to get out of the city though. That area is SOOOO nice!!

I heard about an interest in going to Uwharrie on the Forester board. I'll call in sick to see that! But there is so much to do in the Pisgah NF. The last time i was headed up there in my Jeep for a 4x4 trip the motor blew up and my buddy broke his shock mount on his CJ7 on the trail.:(

the goat, Hope to see you, I know how the work thing goes, hopefully they will let you off for one little weekend.

Rallywagon, are you refering to the off-road in Sylva??? or where we went in Lake Lure??? It would be nice to do a little off-road excursion if we can. It will also be nice to meet the rest of your family.

on3letsgo, I also know how the school thing goes, I just graduated (WHOOHOO!!!), you can always skip school and come anyway;) , if not we will be doing this again the first weekend in May.

Carl,

It's probably gonna be me and the boys...wife has a baby shower to host.

I was thinking about towards Sylva. This link MAY show you the area where 3 trails start at the end of Caney Fork Rd. Rough Butt is one trail that is great, but it might be too much for the roos. It is pretty tough terrrain, so I will have to take it easy having my sons with me. But I hope you and maybe others can ride over there after lunch on Sept. 25. I've got to get some things fixed on my Roo before then!

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm?lat=35.32916&lon=-83.0334292&scale=24000&zoom=50&type=1&height=498&width=498&icon=0&searchscope=dom&CFID=2279979&CFTOKEN=87269559&scriptfile=http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm&bpid=MAP0060030900%2C1%2C1%2C0&latlontype=DMS

Later,

Scott

Scott,

I don't know just yet how hard core off-road I'll want to get. I may be.......this is exciting and slightly embarassing.........a New-Schooler!!! You know whats coming;) .

I would like to get a bit more extreme than the gravel roads though, but if everything goes right this meet may be the first dirt the new car sees. If I still have the '83, lets go for it.:burnout:

Sounds like we have an eight car count so far, plus some definite maybe's, and some others 'hemmin-and-hawin' in the background.

I may have a brand new Forester XT to drive by then (deposit has been paid), or I may be old-school in the GL.:)

Bumpity-Bump,

:burnout:

Man I wish I could make it. I cannot as funds are very tight. I am in the process of selling my house, new baby, moveing, finding a job, etc.....

If only it was the croatan national forrest. All you NC guys should check into that place. Lots of dirt/gravel trails, and more mud than you can imagine.

Man I wish I could make it. I cannot as funds are very tight. I am in the process of selling my house, new baby, moveing, finding a job, etc.....

If only it was the croatan national forrest. All you NC guys should check into that place. Lots of dirt/gravel trails, and more mud than you can imagine.

Congrats on the new baby!!!!! I've got one, 5mo. old daughter to go with my 4yr. old son. Good luck on the house, moving, job, ect......

Jacksonville could be a good place for a future meet, any dune driving action??? I am, however, more of a mud/rock kind of guy. Any of that???

:burnout:

i was at atlantic beach this past week and drove right through (or by) the croatan national forest. i wish i would have known there were some places to drive and i would have hit it. oh, well next time i'm "down east" i will make a ride through.

• 4 weeks later...

This Meet is still on!!! Despite the floods, road closures, ect., ect. We are meeting at the Pisgah Visitors Center between 11:00-11:30. There may be some winging it, and rain is predicted, but we will meet and enjoy ourselves.

Alternate meeting spot, the Bi-lo at 64 & 276 (if 276 is closed).

Hope to see you there!!!:burnout:

• 10 months later...
Gathering of Subie's in the woods of Pisgah National Forest. Gravel road (easy) or tarmac driving, Barbecue (weather permitting) or lunch at the Pisgah Inn. We had a meet in May that got rained on, however we had a lot of fun anyway. Family/kid friendly.

Should be mostly Foresters, and a couple of old-schools, however, ALL Subie's are welcome!!!

Please check out this thread for details: http://www.subaruforester.com/viewtopic.php?t=3783

Look forward to meeting some of you.:burnout:

New to the Subie thing but I will try to make it. I have an 88 Gl and 83 Wagon, the 88 will probably still be in the shop, so I guess I can play with the 83 not sure of its capabilities just bought it today, lol.

New to the Subie thing but I will try to make it. I have an 88 Gl and 83 Wagon, the 88 will probably still be in the shop, so I guess I can play with the 83 not sure of its capabilities just bought it today, lol.

Check the date, this thread was from last years meet, however, your not out of luck read this thread; http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40524

I also host a meet the first weekend of May every year, this will be back in Pisgah National Forest.:cool:

Check the date, this thread was from last years meet, however, your not out of luck read this thread; http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40524

I also host a meet the first weekend of May every year, this will be back in Pisgah National Forest.:cool:

Thank you, I will be trying to get to as many meets as I can, especially after I get something modded out:)

Thank you, I will be trying to get to as many meets as I can, especially after I get something modded out:)

No modding needed for the Tellico meet, your '83 will be more capeable than what will be mostly Foresters attending. My previous car was an '83 GL wagon and I certainly ran it through it's paces off-road with no mods, except rear drum to disc brake conversion, and adjusting the suspension for maximum ground clearence.

Please come and join us if you can, love to have at least one old skooler there. :cool:

Where abouts are you'uns in NC???

P.S. Move conversation to http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum...ead.php?t=40524 thread.