Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'97 Legacy 2.2 AT low idle throwing P1507

Hello all,

I need some helping diagnosing a few problems with my 97 Legacy 2.2 w/AT.

Problem 1, idle has been low. Now CEL came on and OBD2 indicates code P1507 - Idle speed Controller. At the same time the CEL came on - problem 2 occurred.

Problem 2, speedo stopped working. I'm thinking this might be the result of a failure of one of the Variable speed sensors?

Questions: is there any relationship between problem 1 & 2, are these really two different problems? Is the P1507 really the Idle Speed Controller or could it be something else?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

I don't think the two are related. The speed sensor may be located in the transmission but I'm not sure on that. I assume that the speedometer doesn't use the old traditional cable used for so many years. Check for a bad connection in the dash.

If the 2 started at the same time I would wonder. I don't know for sure, but I would guess you hit something and it ripped or wrecked the speedo cable and whatever wire runs to your the ISC sensor.

Nah, the CEL came on on startup and when I drove off the speedo wan't working. I'm wondering if the idle circuit wiring is an input to the VSS?