Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Castana Trailride in Iowa - Sept 24-26

mcbrat

lot's of fun last year. over 60 miles of trails.

This is about 20 miles north of where the Midwest 2 meet was in April.

Event Page with registration form and rules (looks like bolted towpoints for us as well...)

http://www.ci4wi.org/Castana2004.htm

Timber Ridge Resort - Where the Event is held

http://www.peelout.net/

Iowa 4WD Association Site

http://www.iowa4x4.org/

I was the only Subaru last year.... lots of different types of vehicles last year.

There are a lot of "members" of the resort that run VW rail/buggies out there for the hill climbs and trials.

How about Tim and Vicky??????

Guest Vickaroo

Gotta wait for Tim to get home..... Im not sure what kind of irons he has in his fires... Heck have you ever known me to tell this mud puppy no???? Chef Tim is sooooooooo spoiled!!!!! Vicky

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! What's this doing on the second page? MIDWEST OFFROAD! :banana:

So I called the duder at the offroad park. He was vauge at best on directions but I think I have them down. Good thing I got MS Map Point :)

What are the camping facilities like? Should I be bringing a trowel and my own TP :-p

Did Tim and Vicky commit yet??? Would be great to meet yall.

:lol: (I was just going to bump it up)

camping is primitive. yes, bring your own TP. There is a "outhouse" on beams that gets moved around to the "next hole" that is dug :)

The place has a diner type place that does a really good breakfast. I didn't partake last year though....

I can finally get my redbrat in to do some final touches on it...

I will try and get a good route from the guys in my club.... I'm gonna be there Friday during the day sometime.

no other confirmations yet...

last year there were a few guys from Faribault that came down. one was a cop with a mostly stock red jeep.

I hope to head down that Friday afternoon and get there before dark. Might take a half day at work so I can get an earlier start... have to see how that works out.

Maybe Ill throw a post up on the MN Jeep message board and see if anyone else is going. Might get a caravan down from Faribault or something. That way those fancy expensive jeeps can tow me to Iowa if I break down :brow:

sounds like a plan :) I've been hitting some of the local boards around here too....

I hope to head down that Friday afternoon and get there before dark. Might take a half day at work so I can get an earlier start... have to see how that works out.

Maybe Ill throw a post up on the MN Jeep message board and see if anyone else is going. Might get a caravan down from Faribault or something. That way those fancy expensive jeeps can tow me to Iowa if I break down :brow:

Morgan,

do you want me to bring along the reinforced diff hanger?

Joe had wanted some wheels from me too.....

Yes! Bring it on down. I hope to have a diff welded up here pretty soon. I dunno if I can get it done before the 26th tho. Hopefully!

Joe: That would be great. I was thinking of leaving Friday ASAP. You have Fridays off right? Maybe I'll take a halfday off and we can head out from the cities around noon?

Yes! Bring it on down. I hope to have a diff welded up here pretty soon. I dunno if I can get it done before the 26th tho. Hopefully!

Joe: That would be great. I was thinking of leaving Friday ASAP. You have Fridays off right? Maybe I'll take a halfday off and we can head out from the cities around noon?

Sound like that might be a plan I'll let you know as the time gets sooner.

Joe

I know! I still need to get a windshield in, need 2 bolts for my rear calipers, and run a little hard brake line to finish my disc brake conversion. I'm calling the insurance company today to see about getting a windshield this week.

I MIGHT call in sick this friday and go to that junkyard over by Joe. There I can get the 2 bolts I need and hopefully a rear diff! If I got a rear diff I could get it welded and hopefully installed before the 25th. I'll get the windshield and rear discs done for sure tho just so I know it's road worthy. Welded diff would just be extra cool :)

Did you send in the registration form? I'm taking mine to my club meeting tonight....

I still need yank out the LSD....and put my welded diff in.

otherwise that's it. it's pretty much done.... have added a few extra exterior things :) it looks nice now :)

I know! I still need to get a windshield in, need 2 bolts for my rear calipers, and run a little hard brake line to finish my disc brake conversion. I'm calling the insurance company today to see about getting a windshield this week.

I MIGHT call in sick this friday and go to that junkyard over by Joe. There I can get the 2 bolts I need and hopefully a rear diff! If I got a rear diff I could get it welded and hopefully installed before the 25th. I'll get the windshield and rear discs done for sure tho just so I know it's road worthy. Welded diff would just be extra cool :)

Did you send in the registration form? I'm taking mine to my club meeting tonight....

I still need yank out the LSD....and put my welded diff in.

otherwise that's it. it's pretty much done.... have added a few extra exterior things :) it looks nice now :)

Thanks for the registration reminder. I'll print it up right now.

Finished up running my brake lines lastnight and bled the lines once. One major bullet point knocked off :) I have an appointment to get my windshield done tomarrow so that will be another major obstical accomplished. Know I'm cutting it close but I'm getting there! :D

This SAT Archemitis said we could use his dads Harley shop to make me some real bumpers and tow shackles. Talked to Mudrat79 and Soobme about bumper designs and have drawn up some simple stuff. Not going for the pimpadelic look just simple, strong, and tow hooks :) We should get them done in one day with the shop at our disposal. I hope to buy all the steel FRI on my lunch break.

Once the bumpers are done I should be pretty much set. Then all Ill need are some easy misc things like a new fire extinguisher (used mine during the drive shaft install! :o ) a first aid kit, CB antenna (broke mine off! :( ) and snatch straps.

It's been weeks since I've offroaded! Cant wait for some Subaru offroad action! :banana:

Archemitis and I chopped up and welded a front bumper together. Hopefully I'll get the rear one done tomarrow :brow: Getting late here tho... off to dream of offroading !_!

Another hard night's work and the rear bumper is done. Clevists are bolted on and ready to go! It's all down hill from here. Just need little things like fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc etc. :drunk: