Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Castana Trailride in Iowa - Sept 24-26

mcbrat

definitely axles. spare tail lights, turn signals, etc... for the trip home...

since I drove the brat there last year, I was a little careful with it and I only broke out a front turn signal on my Brat. had an axle boot rip on the way there, but kept going with it that way.

I'm trailering it there this year though :) with the urethane tranny/motor mounts, I don't think I'd like to drive it a long distance. would shake the innards out of me I think.....

I'll have some spare nuts/bolts along, my axle tools, etc.... as well as tons of electrical stuff. :)

I still have to get my welded diff in....

LOL not big enough!

So far I just have spare timing belts, hoses, coil and recovery gear. I'd like to get a spare front and rear axle.

What else would you suggest? I can hit up a junkyard before FRI.

Finally found someone to go with me :) I guess we are gonna drive seperate so we have a for sure ride home LOL I'll try to get out of town around noon but he's leaving work at 4 PM so wont bev there till dusk :(

Just a few loose ends to tighten up and I'm set! Glad I took the whole day off tomarrow; Ill need it!

Would these directions/maps get us there? The 'directions' on that association site really SUCK (turn at the first gravel road? Come on they have names... :rolleyes: )

maps01.jpg

I-35 South to Albert Lea

Merge onto I-90 West to Sioux Falls

maps02.jpg

I-90 West to Sioux Falls

Merge onto HWY 229 South

Merge onto I-29 South to Sioux City

maps03.jpg

I-29 South to Sloan

Exit onto HWY 141

East to Mapleton

maps04.jpg

HWY 141 S.East to Mapleton

Second right onto HWY 175 South

Cross bridge and go right onto 140 St. West (first gravel road?)

maps05.jpg

Follow 140 St. West to stop sign

Go south onto Peach Ave.

Look for sign to Timber Ridge Lodge! (On 153 St ?)

maps06.jpg

See yall there !_!

are you guys back yet? what broke? i must know!

Yep made it back last night. Nothing broke on the way down or on the trails. I threw a timing belt on the way back in S.Dakota just north of Vermillion/Yankton exit.

Working out a recovery plan. Leaning towards getting a truck and trailer/dolly/tow bar.

I'd say more but I should be calling places right now :( McBrat has some good pics to post.

Guest Vickaroo

MorganM!!!!!! Why didnt you call us???? We are only about 30 min from where you broke down! And Tim could have helped you out!!!!! We lost a timming belt there at that same exit about 4 years ago!!!!! Weird huh.... Now when we go by that exit we hold our breath.... But really wish you would have given us a call... Vicky

I cant wait to see the pics I really wanted to go to this one, but Tim had his RAT thing!!!!!:(

MorganM!!!!!! Why didnt you call us???? We are only about 30 min from where you broke down! And Tim could have helped you out!!!!! We lost a timming belt there at that same exit about 4 years ago!!!!! Weird huh.... Now when we go by that exit we hold our breath.... But really wish you would have given us a call... Vicky

I cant wait to see the pics I really wanted to go to this one, but Tim had his RAT thing!!!!!:(

the pics thread is in the GEneral Discussion Forum......

Yeah I prolly should have. When I came down FRI It was pretty late and I just wanted to get to the site. SUN coming home I didnt even want to mess with it; just get home, get a shower, and get some sleep. I figured instead of doing a repair on the road 5 hours away I should just come get it in one for sure trip.

Just got home with her on the tow dolly. F350's sure can pull a Subaru at 85 MPH good :brow:

Glad you got your subbie home safe Morgan!!!!! I can understand just wanting to get home.... Next time though ok!!! :) Vicky

For sure :)

I was gonna call yall yesterday when we were back in SD and not far from your Subaru Depot. Then I realized I left my Dad's cell phone locked in my trunk back in Minneapolis along with my laptop that had your number on it! :mad: