Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No BS.

MOrganM:

thats funny, i accidently ended up on efnets subaru channel the other day, and was talkin to some guy with a wrx. (im normally in #subaru on austnet) , might autojoin on both servers :P

Awsome! I cant talk on there during the day any more. Got busted with some 'suspisiouse SSH activity'. I just leave a detached screen session open all day cuz I'm a dork :rolleyes: Just msg pagan if you are on during the evening!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 1st gear is too short! I currently have a 98 rs tranny in my baby, I can't tell if it accellerates quicker than the 4eat or not. I guess by design it has to, how much more? Not much. Any 4.111 tranny will definately keep you in better standing on the accelleration level. When compared to a legacy turbo my car is about 1.5-2 car lengths behind at like 65-70 when auto, it's almost dead even up to 50 or so. Haven't tested straight line yet with the 5mt. and this is with them having almost 50 lb/ft of torque on me. The turbo legs also have 3.900 gearing. If you were to swap a 4.111 gearset in now, you'd notice a world of difference.

I don't think this thread is self-promoting unless Will IS an EA82T... :lol: Anyway, for those that want proof positive of what the engine can or cannot do, someone is making a VERY large order with Peaco in about a weeks time. Dun Dun Dun... :D

Shadow,

Will you be posting up any information as to the progress of this engine, when it's done the hp/torque figures and other stuff in another thread at some point? I've always wondered about Paeco. You hardly see anyone from the Subaru boards go with them due to their prices. Make me wonder though.

I think 1st gear is too short! I currently have a 98 rs tranny in my baby, I can't tell if it accellerates quicker than the 4eat or not. I guess by design it has to, how much more? Not much. Any 4.111 tranny will definately keep you in better standing on the accelleration level. When compared to a legacy turbo my car is about 1.5-2 car lengths behind at like 65-70 when auto, it's almost dead even up to 50 or so. Haven't tested straight line yet with the 5mt. and this is with them having almost 50 lb/ft of torque on me. The turbo legs also have 3.900 gearing. If you were to swap a 4.111 gearset in now, you'd notice a world of difference.

Thats what RX Dual Range is for. :burnout:

yea absolutly love the dualrange , i was so so so so stupid to buy a lib(legacy) without it... i didnt realise till after that the Gen2 lib (legacy) had an optional dual range.. i DEFINATLY would have not bought it and waited for something that did have it instead!

its so awesome , ive tried "accidently accelerating at the same time as another car" in low and high range, and u can sometiemes use it to ur advantage :)

Hey guys, I am a new member on this site but post a lot on the BYB forums here in Australia.

Just commenting on how much power an EA82T can make, I have recently done a complete build up of my 85 RX & made 286hp at the wheels. The figures you are talking about can be reached & beleive me I got so much criticism when building the project & people always doubted the power it puts out. Mods to the car are way too much to list but if you take into account that nothing in the engine remains standard so therefore the limitations of the EA82 are irrelevant.

The car is going back on the dyno within the next few days with my new fuel system which includes Haltech F10x ECU, Bosch 550hp pump & Sard pressure regulator.

It made 286hp on 18psi but was limited by the fuel system so this time 300 at the wheels shouldnt be too hard on 25psi.

Will keep you posted...

Simon

Here is a list of mods on my RX if you want to have a look anyway. Those photos are about a year old & is the old engine which put out 215whp. Has lots of new parts now but the engine info is up to date.

Let me know what you think :)

http://www.ausubaru.com/ausubaru/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24

Engine:

- Freshly built EA82T (3000km's)

- SPS Custom forged pistons (92.5mm)

- Chrome rings

- O-ringed heads/block

- Custom grind cams

- Balanced crank & rods

- New lifters

- Larger valves/springs

- Lots of headwork

- New water pump & radiator

- Electric thermo