Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sticky Tach

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LeDevil

LeDevil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • BelFair

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:18 AM

Well when I dirve my car hard my tach gets stuck at 4k then when I smack the dash it gets loose and go's back to where it shoudl be (what ever RPM I am at at that moment) Any ideas oh yea does my ECS light have anything todo with this becasue it comes one after about 15 to 20 minutes of driving
Thanks
LeDevil

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:51 AM

Ok.. standard questions..

What car, what year, what fuel system....(last question helpful for directing you to the proper way to deal with the light coming on)

ECS light is coming on because there is an error code in the ECU. read the code, determine the source, fix the problem

#3 Bratwerst

Bratwerst

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

James, I've got no clue on the tach - but for the trouble codes/computer:

Take the panel off that is under the steering column/dash (right about where your knees are when sitting in the drivers seat)
- There should be a black or brass box with a little circular window, thats the cars computer - that window is what shows your trouble codes in a morse-code type fashion. Here's the link to the Ultimate Subaru Repair Manual's page on trouble codes, this should answer your ECS questions... or at least norrow down which new questions to ask :-\
http://www.usmb.net/...e9.39782181.art

Don't ever forget the excellent resource of the USRM (go to www.usmb.net then click on the USRM)

- Erik -
(btw, need to get ahold of you soon - bout the datsun)

Well when I dirve my car hard my tach gets stuck at 4k then when I smack the dash it gets loose and go's back to where it shoudl be (what ever RPM I am at at that moment) Any ideas oh yea does my ECS light have anything todo with this becasue it comes one after about 15 to 20 minutes of driving
Thanks
LeDevil

#4 LeDevil

LeDevil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • BelFair

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:14 PM

It's a 83 Sedan 4dr with the 1.8 l carby engine thanks for the help guys
- Bratwerst hopefully see you this weekend