Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's officially an RX wagon!

well after some very long days, my wagon is almost finished. now its really an RX wagon. Mudrat79 and i swapped cpu,complete engine harness, cluster, crossmember, and 1.8t engine, (the cluster for an RX is identical to mine so i swapped my middle icon section on to it). and diff lock switch.:banana:

i didn't want the 3.7 tranny, so in it's place came in a XT6 AWD 3.9 with diff lock.(LSD comes later).

i have some other goodies, but i wont speek or show pics....till the 27th :brow:

i want to say thanks to garner and also HTI-johnson. this kid is great. first day i met him he started helping out alot by wrenching with us.

so for the few of you who said "it's all show and no go" with my wussy spfi, i will be "showing off" in hood river. :burnout:

Kick *****.... I think the L seires Subies look best as the wagon, I wish the factory would have built the RX wagon, some day I may build one like you.:burnout:

i didn't want the 3.7 tranny, so in it's place came in a XT6 AWD 3.9 with diff lock.(LSD comes later).

But remember the RX tranny is D/R and the shift back to high range is well matched as a 6th gear, with the 1.2:1 low range its like having 6 speed with a 4.44:1 diff. :brow:

Gary

car is soooo close.:banana: .im back in bend now because i have to work the weekend. swapped fuel pumps right before i left and started laughing! the turbo one is nearly twice the size of mine. still need to swap rear arms and plum th IC and radiator.

baccaruda- cant use RX front struts because of the 5 lug, and i already have new struts in the rear+ someone allready yanked the rears of my rx.

Yes this Car is Truely One Off......:)

We'd of had it done already , but the Tractor store wasn't open very Late....:(

Need an all nite tractor store to get things done around here.....:)

With Luck I'll have her fired up and Ready to Rumble tonite though...... :banana:

Later, John

well it looks like it will end up with the RX tranny. 30 min into first driving/leaveing eugene sunday morning to go to work......

i did a mild launch out of my friends driveway and *CLUNK* "wow my car's in 1st but im not going anywhere"....so i already busted the xt6 tranny:banghead:

i have to stay in bend due to work so hopefully my car will be ready by wed. night because i have alot to do before this weekend.

yeah i leave tonight to go pickup my baby. hey at the show i think it would be cool if the tallest EA82 wagon was parked next to mine! john took a pic of nell's wagon head to head with mine, with my bimper UNDER his. it looked pretty awesome have the complete opisite's next to each other.

*john, you should post that pic*