Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just bought an 05 Ltd Outback tan with light tan leather interior. The question is how to maintain the appearance and life of tan leather and how best to keep the tan floor mats from turning a consistent mud brown. I suddenly realized that these car colors would have been a better choice had I lived in a west coast beach community instead of the northeast snow and slush belt.

For the leather seats, Lexol conditioner and cleaner products work well, and are available at many automotive parts stores. As for the the floor mats, I don't do anything special aside from routine vacuuming and occasional washing with a garden hose so I can't offer any advice here. Factory floor mats seem to come up on ebay fairly regularly so you may want to buy a replacement set if this is a major concern. Take care.

Guest Vickaroo

I know just what you mean about the northeast snow and slush belt. I havn't had my floormats cleaned yet on the RS and was wondering the same thing...Thanks for asking... Vicky

I just bought an 05 Ltd Outback tan with light tan leather interior. The question is how to maintain the appearance and life of tan leather and how best to keep the tan floor mats from turning a consistent mud brown. I suddenly realized that these car colors would have been a better choice had I lived in a west coast beach community instead of the northeast snow and slush belt.