Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I am a mere hobbyist mechanic, I like to know how things work and I like fixing them.

My 1993 Legacy Wagon is slow to engage the transmission when starting from a stop. My question, could this be the kickdown solenoid, as I hear no click when the key is in the on position (engine off). Just hoping for an easy answer to this problem.

Thanks!

BTW If you live in Colorado, I reccommend Mobile Mechanics in Golden, Buddy is the Roo MASTER!

144k in Miles. It seems to drive pretty well, but I would say that shifting can be a bit jerky also. This is the first Automatic Tranny Subaru I have ever owned. My Dad owned it before me a took real good care of it, but he did do alot of mountain driving and enjoyed shifting into a lower gear to gain power going uphill. If it is slippage, what is the part that would need replacing? I guess I could get a whole rebuilt tranny....but it works fine for now and has been this way for a few years, as I drove it occasionally when my Dad owned it.

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it!