Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Today I was driving back from a long road-trip when all the sudden this big chunk of somethingorother flew up from the car in front of me and pelted the hood of my car. (See photo's below). I'm looking for auto-body advice. How difficult will it be to have this hole and the scratches repaired? Color match the paint and all.

post-5588-136027595275_thumb.jpg

post-5588-136027595283_thumb.jpg

Today I was driving back from a long road-trip when all the sudden this big chunk of somethingorother flew up from the car in front of me and pelted the hood of my car. (See photo's below). I'm looking for auto-body advice. How difficult will it be to have this hole and the scratches repaired? Color match the paint and all.

:eek: HOLY HELL!! what in the world would do that?? good luck with the repairs

:eek: what in the world would do that??

Once, long time ag, my wife came back from shopping with missing muffler, and could not explain what happened. She just said that suddenly car became noisier. Felt sorry for the car that followed her :-)

After saing that, I had a good share of thing falling on me from various trucks. Some experiences were as bizzare as driving into a falling winshield which broke into pieces! Nedless to say that my distance from the truck was not too great.

after thinking about it, you're pretty lucky that it didn't hit the windshield and go all the way through

after thinking about it, you're pretty lucky that it didn't hit the windshield and go all the way through

quite true. the impact force necessary to put a hole in metal would likely have done major damage to my windshield....not to mention severe damage to my pants. I'm a pretty good driver but I'm not too cocky to admit that I probably would have over-reacted to a large windshield impact. Traffic was pretty thick and we were all doing over 75 MPH. could have been ugly.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt. For damage like that, I'd go to a professional collision repair shop. I used to live up in NoVa, and I don't remember any places that I could recommend to you. Ask around at work or something and you might hear a particular shop's name that does excellent collision repair work. You may want to get your insurance to cover some of the cost...cause I'm guessing it'll take a lot to fix. Good luck!