Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 questions about my 97 Legacy GT

Okay welp I picked up my 97 Legacy GT on thursday. Runs great. But I have 2 minor things going on with it. Number one, the firstday I drove it home it started fine. But when I got back in the car it started for just a few seconds and then stalled. When I restart it after this I need to push on the gas pedal. It didn't do it again till today after I have driven the car for another 300 miles. I'm thinking it just needs a tune up but I am not sure. Any thoughts? Number 2...never noticed this one till today. May have just started today. When I am shifting from park to drive (it's an automatic) I hear a clicking noise on the driverside in the dash. I can even feel a slight vibration from it on the steering wheel. Only does it when I am moving from park. Not from reverse or anything like that. I just figured maybe it had to do something with the shift lock. Anyways let me know any info on this and if I should be concerned about any of these. It's still under waranty for a couple thousand miles. So if I know it's something that needs to be taken care of I will get it to a dealer real quick like.

Full spec of the vehicle is a

97 Legacy 2.5 GT Automatic with 87,000 miles if any of that helps.

-Adam-

Hi Adam -

Regarding number 2 (the click when shifting from Park), I believe that is normal. It does that on my 97 Legacy Lsi as well. I assume it is some sort of an interlock relay that makes sure the brake is engaged when you take the car out of park. Anyway, that's my theory and I'm stickin' with it. :-)

Wow didn't think anyone would ever reply back on this one. Yeah thanks zoinks. I actually took a day to check it all out and it is the solenoid to make sure you are in park. So yup your correct.

As for the stalling part. I figured out it is actually just my pressure regulator.