Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch patrol brat at Pull-a-part

I saw a first gen brat at the Lynwood Pull-A-Part the other day when I was there. It was baby blue with a white canopy, said Hatch Patrol on the windshield. Also had a big number five on the side. It was kinda sad. I sat in it and pretended to drive it. It was fun. I like brats even more now. Just wondering who's it was. May it rest in peace.

I'll take a peek at it the next time I'm there, but don't hold your breath. It was in pretty shabby shape when it arrived there and the only thing I found useful to pull was the welded diff and I posted it on the Board about a month ago so it's likely to be pretty well ravaged.

I took a peek at it today. Driver's seat is junk; passenger seat is acceptable and black vinyl. Dash is tan and significantly cracked. Can't tell much from the axles other than the boots are not split and the boots are not original. I wouldn't consider the rear axles. Shift linkage is gone also.

You know, when I pulled the rear diff it was still there. I didn't check on it today but I'd be surprised if it was gone. There was definitely some fine fabrication and it was a custom lift. Jason was quite capable in making that stuff work.

Didn't have the money for the front part of the lift or the time for the cross members. My friends and I got the stuff that we could plus the parts that were the hardest to manufacture. If everything had been bolted on instead of welded, we would have grabed the whole thing, but one of the front struts was like $25, and the damn lift block was welded to it!