Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hatch patrol brat at Pull-a-part

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Subafly

Subafly

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Cheney, WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:36 AM

I saw a first gen brat at the Lynwood Pull-A-Part the other day when I was there. It was baby blue with a white canopy, said Hatch Patrol on the windshield. Also had a big number five on the side. It was kinda sad. I sat in it and pretended to drive it. It was fun. I like brats even more now. Just wondering who's it was. May it rest in peace.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:24 AM

Used to belong to Jason H. He made the lift for it and did something else that I cant recall. Surprised its still there.

#3 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:14 AM

what did he do to RIP that brat... or did he just keep snapping axles?? i remember giving up all my spares that weekend...

#4 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:42 AM

It's been there a while. Jason moved to Forks; sounds like he left the Brat behind. I mentioned it when I first saw it there since it still had some worthwhile parts in it...like a custom lift.

#5 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:45 AM

Parts????Anyone willing to snag a few things?

Sehag is looking for a dashboard,*_so am I_*if it's blue and not cracked.Willing to cover time and shipping.

Also interested in axles,and probably a few little items too.

#6 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:26 PM

I'll take a peek at it the next time I'm there, but don't hold your breath. It was in pretty shabby shape when it arrived there and the only thing I found useful to pull was the welded diff and I posted it on the Board about a month ago so it's likely to be pretty well ravaged.

#7 wagonpowaa

wagonpowaa

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Seattle, Wa

Posted 22 August 2004 - 02:01 PM

it's not a blue dash, I think I remember it being black and it had some cracks - maybe it was tan and the seats were black.

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:36 PM

I took a peek at it today. Driver's seat is junk; passenger seat is acceptable and black vinyl. Dash is tan and significantly cracked. Can't tell much from the axles other than the boots are not split and the boots are not original. I wouldn't consider the rear axles. Shift linkage is gone also.

#9 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:56 PM

is the lift kit still on it? it woulod be a shame if it was, prolly a lot of good fab work on it

#10 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

You know, when I pulled the rear diff it was still there. I didn't check on it today but I'd be surprised if it was gone. There was definitely some fine fabrication and it was a custom lift. Jason was quite capable in making that stuff work.

#11 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,752 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:05 PM

I've got the shift linkages and part of the rear end lift.

#12 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:07 PM

Why would you only get half of it?

#13 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

If anyone wants anything off of it, better hurry, it's only a few rows left before they move it to the crusher. I'd guess middle of this week or a day later.

#14 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,752 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Didn't have the money for the front part of the lift or the time for the cross members. My friends and I got the stuff that we could plus the parts that were the hardest to manufacture. If everything had been bolted on instead of welded, we would have grabed the whole thing, but one of the front struts was like $25, and the damn lift block was welded to it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users