Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru for me!!

Well I purchased a outback last night!!

It is a 96 wagon with the 5spd, 2.2 motor, cold weather package,

It is a one owner colorado vehicle with 76k miles.

The dealer wanted $9,000.00 for it but with the help of my wife (playing good cop bad cop) we got them down to $6,000.00.

The car has a couple of issues, locks acting funny and cd changer magazine stuck. But it drives like new, very tight tranny, suspension etc. I hope I can get 200k out of this one like I have on my other wagons!!

I want to see how hard it is to put a new hood on it with a hood scoop?

WOW that sounds like a good buy to me. I couldn't find one with that low of miles for that price. As for the hood scoop. A few days ago I saw an outback hoodscoop for sale on ebay for 10 bux. Not sure if it is still on there but might be worth a look. Wouldn't be hard to put the hood scoop into your existing hood.

WOW that sounds like a good buy to me. I couldn't find one with that low of miles for that price. As for the hood scoop. A few days ago I saw an outback hoodscoop for sale on ebay for 10 bux. Not sure if it is still on there but might be worth a look. Wouldn't be hard to put the hood scoop into your existing hood.

Great idea on the scoop!!

Yea my wife really helped out we acted like she did not like the car, but would get it if I liked it. Plus it was a honda dealership so they did not know about cold weather package and 2.2 motor, etc.

:banana:

Great idea on the scoop!!

Yea my wife really helped out we acted like she did not like the car, but would get it if I liked it. Plus it was a honda dealership so they did not know about cold weather package and 2.2 motor, etc.

:banana:

congrats on the new purchase! i just got a 1996 legacy wagon with 112K for $4000.00. it too has the 2.2L. love it! what's with the cold weather package? i was thinking i should put a block heater in mine for this winter. does it include that?

happy trails,

craig

congrats on the new purchase! i just got a 1996 legacy wagon with 112K for $4000.00. it too has the 2.2L. love it! what's with the cold weather package? i was thinking i should put a block heater in mine for this winter. does it include that?

happy trails,

craig

Cold weather package ($400) heated seats, mirrors, engine block heater

2.2 eh? that's cool, definately would rather that than the 2.5 :)
Yea I was not ready to deal with the 2.5 yet. I am really intersted to see what happens with others on the forum who have changed thier HG before there are problems.

Plus I did not want to spend the $$$ on a 00 or up with the new 2.5 motor.