Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Repair Manual for '99+ Models?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jhouse

jhouse

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Kansas City

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:14 AM

Although I've done a fairly exhaustive internet search, I can't find a Chilton/Haynes repair manual for my '99 Legacy Outback. It seems they stopped making the "Do-It-Yourself" manuals for post '98 models. I can find a "Professional" repair manual for '99+ imports, but it covers more makes/models than I need. I'd like to find out recomended maintenance schedules/procedures for changing ATF, Diff oil, brakes, etcetera, plus more in-depth info about the car in general just so I can be better informed about a repair when I have a dealer do the work. Thanks!

#2 erhayes

erhayes

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Cape Coral, FL

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:26 AM

I have a Haynes Legacy manual for 1990-1998 and the 1999 vehicle is virtuially identical. I even use it for my 2000 Forester for the engine/transmission. You can also buy (piece meal) sections of the factory service manual at about 50 dollars a section. You can download the complete factory manual for 20 bucks. The download time is limited and if you have dialup it's tough but, another option. ed

#3 NOMAD327

NOMAD327

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • danville, PA

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

I found a 99 specific factory CD disc on ebay for about $20. It covers the entire subaru lineup for that year which includes both DOHC and SOHC engines and more info than you could imagine. I initially thought it wasn't that much, as the disc isn't even full! If you start printing it all, you end up with a foot high stack of paper in short order. and much more to go! Very nice to use.

#4 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • WA

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:35 AM

http://techinfo.subaru.com

or you can buy the paperback sections from any dealership
the manuals are divided into 7-8 sections, each having a different price

(electrical, suspension, chassis... etc)

entire set of manuals will run you near $300...

much easier to download and print off pages as you need them

Jamie

#5 Millard Jones

Millard Jones

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

Your note says that a complete factory manual is available for download for 20 bucks... I have a need for a manual and like the idea of an online manual... I have a 2000 Legacy GT with a MIL light 'on' indicating that an (P1133) Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit High Input (Bank 1 Sensor 1) is the problem... Would appreciate a link to where I can download the manual... Thanks

I have a Haynes Legacy manual for 1990-1998 and the 1999 vehicle is virtuially identical. I even use it for my 2000 Forester for the engine/transmission. You can also buy (piece meal) sections of the factory service manual at about 50 dollars a section. You can download the complete factory manual for 20 bucks. The download time is limited and if you have dialup it's tough but, another option. ed

#6 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,555 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:13 PM

it's not everything, but enough to help ya out

http://www.main.expe...999_Legacy_FSM/

#7 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts