Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Throttle body change

the throttlebody that you are using now should have ample fuel. In fact it has a feature that brings an over amount of fuel to the throttlebody and routes the excess back to your fuel tank. You need to change more than just the TB to make a bigger one work. boing

• 5 weeks later...

I got thinking about this again. The XT i have is drag-only and I'm running 15psi into that. It pulls real hard but the top end seems to fall off, I'm pretty sure its in need of fuel and i obviously dont want to to lean out too badly. So Im thinking fuel pump, injectors, junk like that. Probably gonna get some Cams done up and a torque converter too.

so the question still is, are there better injectors off of another application that will work on the XT?

I remember that someone had put an aftermarket Torque converter on a car, any idea where it came from? I was going to send it out to East Coast Converters and have them do it on my old one.

-matt

I got thinking about this again. The XT i have is drag-only and I'm running 15psi into that. It pulls real hard but the top end seems to fall off, I'm pretty sure its in need of fuel and i obviously dont want to to lean out too badly. So Im thinking fuel pump, injectors, junk like that. Probably gonna get some Cams done up and a torque converter too.

so the question still is, are there better injectors off of another application that will work on the XT?

-matt

ok if I rember correctly some one in the past stated that the EA82T injectors flowed as much as the stock wrx ones. now I would verify that you are leaning out before swaping injectors. The ECM would not be able to adapt to the larger injectors and you would probably not be able to idle without aditional sofware to control them.

personally I feel that you can gain alot more by concentrating on a turbo upgrade and intercooling along with exhaust flow.

the stock turbo is great off the line but its too small to give you good top end power.

I am in the process of doing a TD04 swap as soon as I get the rest of the needed parts to complete it. I will see if it runs lean at all after the swap but I seriously doubt it as long as I keep boost pressures reasonable.